If a deal gets done in the next day or two...

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think if a deal gets done in the next day or two (currently extremely pessimistic) I'll be even more frustrated than I am now.

If and that's a big if ... all it takes to get a deal done was a hard deadline, it should have been done a month ago.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
John Flyers Fan said:
If and that's a big if ... all it takes to get a deal done was a hard deadline, it should have been done a month ago.

That's why we have an imbicle, inept and incompetent commishioner.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
John Flyers Fan said:
I think if a deal gets done in the next day or two (currently extremely pessimistic) I'll be even more frustrated than I am now.

Aww, you're in love with the NHL....

Happy Valentines Day?

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
See

This is part of the problem..

If the fans and talking heads keep saying they will be even more angry if a deal gets done now and all this will have been pointless..

It does nothing to help put pressure on either side..

I know where the frustration comes in.. I feel it too...

But those who want the season just to be canned so we can forget about it... you arn't helping anything.. your just justifying what both sides are/have done...

There is.. nor never will be any excuse for either sides actions..

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
go kim johnsson said:
That's why we have an imbicle, inept and incompetent commishioner.

Plus a NHLPA leader who refuses to negotiate without the clock at 11:58:59 PM.If this soap opera ends with an agreement in the next 24 hours,it better be a 6-8 year deal.No more Goodenow and no more Bettman and no more stupid comments from the players :shakehead

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
I dont call Goodenow out on this... He's just doing a job and thats his tactic.. No matter what, he may get a great deal out of this if he plays coy and goes by his book.

Goodenow doesnt have to give two shiats about the game to do his job, Gary does

It's the players who hired him who are to fault.... You talk ethics in this lockout and you have to point the finger at two different people... Gary Bettman and the Players responsible for Goodenow's hiring.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
John Flyers Fan said:

You and I have been thinking alike.

It'll be absolutely rediclous if they somehow get a deal done this late on the calender. I don't think it'll happen, but if they do get a deal done I'm just going to shake my head...

Vic Rattlehead*

Toonces said:
You and I have been thinking alike.

It'll be absolutely rediclous if they somehow get a deal done this late on the calender. I don't think it'll happen, but if they do get a deal done I'm just going to shake my head...

You're going to shake your head, but you will still be sucked into watching the games. Admit it.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
19bruins19 said:
You're going to shake your head, but you will still be sucked into watching the games. Admit it.

Exactly, anyone here that says they won't watch any semblance of a season is down-right lying.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
People've been saying that there will be a deal, but no season... its TOO late in the calendar to have a season.

If you want to see the NHL commit PR suicide.. they'd do just that. Sign a CBA tomorrow, then cancel the season Wednesday, they aren't stupid like that train of thought is.

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
dont get it

I still dont get why the fans say that they would rather the NHL just say **** it and try again next year... I mean dont you realize that yuo are just delaying another round of BS "negotiations" in the fall of next year? I do not understand how that is better.

We aren't keeping our tickets if there is a shortened season this year, but our ticket rep said that indeed she would make our tickets avaiable next year or something... but I'd still watch, just no use in spending money on a sham of a season with a non-meaningful schedule...

Lets hope something gets done so this 152 day piece of **** rots away.

Toonces

Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
19bruins19 said:

I never said I wouldn't watch. That wasn't the point of my post.

A deal could have, and should have been done a month ago at least.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
scaredsensfan said:
I still dont get why the fans say that they would rather the NHL just say **** it and try again next year... I mean dont you realize that yuo are just delaying another round of BS "negotiations" in the fall of next year? I do not understand how that is better.

I want them to get a deal done as badly as anyone else, and I'll be the first one in line when the games start.

Those of us these boards, cheking the web 12 times a day, to see if anything has happened ..... like a bunch of crack addicts ... we're the ones the owners are banking on to fill the building again when the games eventually begin.

Toonces

Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
John Flyers Fan said:
Those of us these boards, cheking the web 12 times a day, to see if anything has happened ..... like a bunch of crack addicts ...

Yeah, I check at least a dozen times, if not more per day, despite the fact that I have absolutely zero hope that the season will be salvaged.

Bottom line, I love hockey so much it kills me. If I'm not playing, I wanna watch it. I'm completely obsessed with it.

I probably need a shrink :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->