WWE: Idea for Finn Balor's return & WM Setup

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Going on current speculation we (possibly) know 2 things

1) currently balor is 'expected" to return fabruary/march meaning he misses the rumble
2) Cena vs taker is apparently off the table for mania.

With the above i propose the following scenario.

NOTE - This isn't some complex detailed story plot. It's a general idea i thought of with the pieces being out there and not used so sue me if something doesn't fit 100% perfectly. :popcorn:

Since Balor won't be back for the rumble, he should be kept hidden and have no real 'news' about him until after elimination chamber where the real build up for mania begins.

Meanwhile going into the rumble, undertaker DOES NOT win the royal rumble, it doesn't matter who wins in this case as long as its not taker or cena.

Cena likewise loses his match to AJ styles in a "close contest" or whatever they want to say to make cena still look credible. During the match cena begins to show signs of frustration. Since this is also a crossbrand PPV, gallows and anderson will make a run in during the match for club shenanigans that leads to AJ winning. Cena's rage continues to grow and he eventually gets "revenge" on gallows and anderson in the rumble match.

Fast forward to after the PPV. Cena demands a rematch with AJ after the club shenanigans, DB denies his request because he's had 4 oppurtunities now. He uses this oppurtunity to take a shot and RAW and say "we dont want to put on the same match over and over and over only for it to end in a handicap match"

So cena, obviously visibally upset, shrugs it off and storms off after saying "if you won't make a match happen, i will"

This begins a mini series of cena trying to force WWE's hand, he asks shane, shane says no, he tries to destroy people in the ring, no go. He starts getting involved in random matches stating i don't need you, you need me to which eventually DB just tells him, we haven't NEEDED you a long time, john. Look at whats happened when you were gone. We want you, but we certainly don't need you. Cena conceeds his title request and storms off.

This will lead to cena showing up on RAW. Steph of course allows this because shes desperate for any and all ratings and at the thought of pissing off the smackdown staff.

So cena's at RAW, He comes for a promo, he once again starts talking about how he's back and there is no new era and all that similar to when he returned to smackdown. Eventually he calls out undertaker something to line of "If he can't have the WWE title then he's gonna fight for something just as good" He wants to face this legend, this nearly unstoppable entity this demon that everyone fears at wrestlemania"

Obviously taker does not come out and cena says i'll see you next week deadman" everyone is just left puzzled Half the crowd will think OMG its happening, the other half will be confused as they thought the match was off.

Next week rolls around and everyone is like "wtf cena is a smackdown guy he can just go whereever he wants? and cena just reinforces that if undertaker can do whatever he wants, whereever he wants, so can I.

So cena is out in the ring waiting for taker to show up, egging him on and such. The arena goes dark, you DO NOT hear the gong but you start seeing smoke on the entrance ramp and you see some lighting, it's not purple, though. Then the titatron lights up with a message (think similar to how taker was stalking kane) and it reads "be careful what you wish for, you don't want to fight this demon"

Now cena's patience is running thin, he challenges taker at EC and then cena drops his usual shucky ducky quack quack **** saying show up this time if you have any balls or something like that.

So now we're at elimination chamber, cena's in the ring waiting, everyone is of course expecting taker to show up, it's a PPV after all. The lights go out, the smoke is out, you can even have some ominous music, the titatron starts flashing and dims out. its quiet all of a sudden everyones hyped for taker's gong to hit and such.

que Finn Balor's music.

Now now i know what you're thinking, why would Balor show up to a Smackdown PPV? Well it's simple, cena is technically a smackdown star and he's been showing up to RAW which is against the "rules" and in order to keep balance between the brands without "legal action" getting involved (i know, lame AF but WWE would totally do this) DB and Foley struck a deal for a RAW guy to show up to something smackdown themed to even things up.

So balor shows up finally returning from injury. Cena is obviously not happy, starts talking down on balor. "I'm just about sick and tired of you young guns thinking you can pull a fast one and good ol' john"

This is where balor starts letting cena know that the undertaker shouldn't be the demon he should be worrying about right now.

Cena goes on his little hero rant. "I get it, you're coming back from a serious injury, you want to make a big impact but kid, this is the last place you want to make it"

Eventually words turn into blows and cena tries to AA Balor but he gets out of it and drop kicks cena who rolls outside the ring.

DB comes out to break things up. He tells the crowd that while Balor was invited to the event and allowed to be here, he is under no circumstance allowed to wrestle under the smackdown brand so he can't make the match....for EC.

But he did speak to foley/steph or whomever you want to put in there and they have decided whats best for business would be John Cena vs Finn Balor...at Wrestlemania.

Balor nods in agreement meanwhile while this was happening john got back in the ring with a mic behind and balor, Gives Balor and AA and says "I warned you"

You can have him say "you're on" or whatever to agree to the match but i feel like it's not necessary and already implied this way.

Thats the general idea i had for this feud. It could use some more substance for building up towards mania but the idea is there. It's fresh, it's not the usual LOLCENAWINS garbage, it's an edgier cena but not full on heel cena which still seems like an impossibility and more importantly it's something new for mania rather than having john face another guy he's fought 6000 times already like AJ, Orton, bray etc.

The idea is having Balor outwork cena during their mania match which leads to cena eventually snapping and starting to assault balor. Cena only wins due to resorting to heel tactics, he couldn't take another "young guy" (younger than cena anyway) another indy darling, another cocky kid coming in and trying to make a name of himself through cena. This is basically the cena heel turn that will never happen (but should) this also establishes cena as a heel early so that he can leave whenever he needs to and can come back for Summerslam, royal rumble etc ready to go and if taker is around for another year and vince doesn't have his head up his ass then cena can get his match with taker and already be heel to ignite it right away instead of a weird face-face matchup.

PS - In this scenario, taker would get challenged to a match by whomever eliminates him from the rumble, but it wouldn't be "announced" till after EC by whomever it was (anyone but braun pls)

Thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad