Iceland beats Armenia 50-0 in WJC D-Pool (U20 Div III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Rabid Husky said:
maybe..but I'd think a road cone or a stick in front of the crease would be better

Yes it would, but unfortunately the Armenia coach didn't pencil in "road cone" or "stick" as his backup when submitting his roster for the game. IIHF wouldn't let him switch during the game.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
It's like when they had that African guy in the Summer Olympics who had never been in a swimming pool before. It's cute and you cheer him for trying, but once you realize that it took him 3 minutes to do something that everyone else did in 20 seconds that it isn't funny so much as sad.

What is the point of these games if there are teams that don't know how to skate?

And I'm not sure what's more disturbing...the fact that Iceland was a powerhouse for one game or that far too many posters know far too much about D2.

raganblink

Feb 8, 2006
Mexico
its that people here know too much about D2, it wasnt even that great of a movie, tough i admit i enjoyed it more than the original.

lemieux32*

London Knights said:
It's like when they had that African guy in the Summer Olympics who had never been in a swimming pool before. It's cute and you cheer him for trying, but once you realize that it took him 3 minutes to do something that everyone else did in 20 seconds that it isn't funny so much as sad.

What is the point of these games if there are teams that don't know how to skate?

And I'm not sure what's more disturbing...the fact that Iceland was a powerhouse for one game or that far too many posters know far too much about D2.

Actually he trained in the pool at a local hotel which was something like 15m long and had no coach.

MuzikMachine

Nov 14, 2005
A quick question.

I realize that hockey is to be played for a full 60 min, you're never supposed to give up no matter how much you're winning/losing, etc. etc., but is there a point where curling rules could kick in?

In curling, after a certain point if a team is losing by an insurmountable amount, the losing team can just simply end the game early and give up (and go get waisted at the patch :D). Do you think, after say 25-30 goals down, Armenia could just forfeit the game? There would be the embaressment of forfeitting a game, but they wouldn't loose by as many goals as a very good NHL player scores in a season.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Actually, the reason why they probably didn't forfeit is it was valuble ice time against a better opponent and good for practice. One of these days Armenia will beat Iceland and I will rejoice... even though I have no connection to either country.

I feel bad for those kids.. they look how I looked when I started at 12 but I didn't have nearly as much ankle bend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->