Ice Hockey vs Roller Hockey

Fan of The Game

Apr 3, 2007
USA
I have already signed up for roller hockey. I use to play ice hockey a few years ago and I wasn;t bad, not good either though lol, and I was wondering what exactly to find different. If anyone could help it would be most appreciated. I am particularly concenrened about stopping.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
IMO its a lot tougher to controll your skating in roller hockey. not just braking, but when you have taken a shot its pretty tough to turn at full speed and start skating the other way.

im a goalie so i havent played that much as a skater or whatever you call it. but the biggest difference as a goalie is when you try so slide in the crease. its impossible. and as a butterfly goalie in ice-hockey that makes it pretty tough to play goalie in roller hockey. in other words, i suck in roller hockey,.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
braking? lol... I don't think too many skaters use non-hockey skates for inline hockey...

If you are playing indoor inline hockey, make sure you get indoor wheels that are very soft, 74A or 76A ... That will give you good traction...

if you are playing outdoor inline hockey, make sure you get outdoor wheels with a high hardness rating, look for 82A or 84A... The wheels will last longer and you will be able to stop without sliding too far...

Just practice your hockey stop before you start playing... It's not hard to learn if you knew how to do it on ice... The weight distribution is just a little bit different..... On ice hockey skates, you can be much lighter on your skates when you do your hockey stop.... With inline, I think you generally have to turn your skates faster and and harder to get the wheels to give on the surface....

Fan of The Game

Apr 3, 2007
USA
Thanks fellas, I am gona fall on my ass a few times, but oh well, at least it is some kind of hockey in Florida. It is indoor byu the way. If nothing else it will be a few good laughs.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
I play both and i have been playing Roller hockey for longer. I'm probally the best player in my roller league. And i'm the 2nd best on my team for ice. So i'm about 6th best in ice for the league. Anyway i feel more comfetable playing Roller hockey. They are the same basically but you just have to adjust a little, i'm sure your do good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad