Great Britain: Ice hockey in London (UK)

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Hi Team,

I'm treating my younger brother to a weekend in London early October. As he's an NFL fan, playing footy himself, we will be attending the Colts - Jags game on Sunday October 2nd. This means that we still have a gab to squeeze in some ice hockey on Saturday :yo:

Could anybody from the wider London region suggest me some clubs that we could visit and see if they have an homegame on offer.

We will be staying in the Bayswater area and so far I found 1 club; London Raiders. it's feasible by public transport but other options are always welcome.

Cheers.

Kiev the Great

Aug 21, 2014
Hi Team,

I'm treating my younger brother to a weekend in London early October. As he's an NFL fan, playing footy himself, we will be attending the Colts - Jags game on Sunday October 2nd. This means that we still have a gab to squeeze in some ice hockey on Saturday :yo:

Could anybody from the wider London region suggest me some clubs that we could visit and see if they have an homegame on offer.

We will be staying in the Bayswater area and so far I found 1 club; London Raiders. it's feasible by public transport but other options are always welcome.

Cheers.

Could also try Streatham? They used to be called Redskins but they are ditching that part and I don't know what they are calling themselves instead.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
How would you rate the teams regarding home atmosphere?
We wanna have a good night out and enjoy a decent drink during the breaks :)

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I'm not too sure about the bar facilities available as I don't go to these rinks often (and when I do it's not to watch) but I would probably say

1) Streatham - brand new rink that is clean and bright, a good set of hardcore fans who drum and chant to create a good atmosphere

2) London Raiders - it's not their home rink and they just "borrow" it since their home rink in Romford got demolished and as a result only the hardcore fans travel into the city so the rink is a bit empty for their games. The Lee Valley rink is small and isn't particularly nice but all the seats are close to the action.

3) Haringey Racers - it's a lower standard of hockey than the other 2, they don't have a large group of proper fans, they do a lot of groupon discount offers so on the occasions when they do get a decent crowd in it's just people who don't really know what's going on. Alexandra Palace is a beautiful building on the outside but the ice rink isn't that nice and it's a bit dark.

Turkued

Feb 28, 2014
Train it...

...up to Sheffield.

Steelers - Braehead at 7 pm.

Large arena, good concessions, highest quality ice hockey in UK.

Take rain to Medowhall and then tram to arena.

Kiev the Great

Aug 21, 2014
...up to Sheffield.

Steelers - Braehead at 7 pm.

Large arena, good concessions, highest quality ice hockey in UK.

Take rain to Medowhall and then tram to arena.

Or get of the train in Nottingham and catch the Panthers vs Storm and spare your retinas from Steeler's garish orange jerseys.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
We had a boys weekend last week in London. Went to see the Jags game at Wembley and also travelled to Lee Valley to see the Raiders clash Invicta. Great game, great vibe. Huska and Lachenko. Even scored a selfie with Huska and we shared a beer. Great stuff. The other day we went to Streatham, didn't really who to support as Streatham was my first NIHL game ever last year. Also the entire team changed, and was still euphoric about the Raiders, so went for the neutral attitude. The game it self was big, penalties :), nuff said.
Only downside was a Streatham fan who was making a big deal about nothing and insulted me for nothing. Anyway, London did it again :)

klimbo13

Aug 3, 2018
As Werewolves of London marks 15 years since being founded this month, I caught up with one of the founders Mike Dwyer to talk about how the club has grown and become successful as well as his aspirations for the club and special hockey. Clean Master Facebook Lite Mathway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->