Ice Hockey Boot + Roller Hockey Chassis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

afterhours

Jan 13, 2006
I used to combine the two when I was young, for example my favorite skate as a kid was my Mega Air 90's with a Motiv chassis.

I just started getting back into hockey (roller for now, ice later for you sticklers). With all the Hi-Lo stuff now, will combining an ice boot with the Hi-Lo chassis mess up things? I'd imagine the ice skate boot having a different platform degree than roller.

Anyways, to be more specific, I want the Nike Flexlite 12's with a roller chassis. Maybe I'll just get the Labeda Humer chassis that is 80-80-80-80 across.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
I have the Tour Blue Max's with the Hum'er frame using all 80's. I couldn't stand having those huge 80's under the front of my feet so I switched to all 76's and all is well. If you get the Labeda frame that supports all 80's you may not be able to put it on any old boot.

The Tour boot I have has a recessed area upfront that allows the wheels to actually go into the boot, supposedly keeping the center of gravity low. That didn't fly with me at all, it felt WAY to high - plus I felt like I couldn't turn for crap with those big speed wheels. No matter how low you get - the bigger the wheel the less mobility you'll get. You will be fast as hell though. Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't run all 80's, just go get awesome bearings if you wanna be faster.

I was also wanting to get a pair of Flite or Graf boots and mount a Labeda frame to it. Be interested to see if anyones done that. I do have a pair of CCM 455 Tacks with a Sure-Grip frame and have been using those for years - fit like a glove.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
I exchange my CCM Tack 952's with my Mission Hi Lo chassis all the time, I would actually recommend it, supreme comfort all year around!

afterhours

Jan 13, 2006
I have the Tour Blue Max's with the Hum'er frame using all 80's. I couldn't stand having those huge 80's under the front of my feet so I switched to all 76's and all is well. If you get the Labeda frame that supports all 80's you may not be able to put it on any old boot.

That's a good idea. I was thinking about whether 80's across would be too big. It would be like a speed skate - great top speed with little mobility. Putting 76's across would be a great balance of both.

Tinordi24*

afterhours said:
I used to combine the two when I was young, for example my favorite skate as a kid was my Mega Air 90's with a Motiv chassis.

I just started getting back into hockey (roller for now, ice later for you sticklers). With all the Hi-Lo stuff now, will combining an ice boot with the Hi-Lo chassis mess up things? I'd imagine the ice skate boot having a different platform degree than roller.

Anyways, to be more specific, I want the Nike Flexlite 12's with a roller chassis. Maybe I'll just get the Labeda Humer chassis that is 80-80-80-80 across.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I dont know about the specifics but I have done that in the past by combining CCMs with Labeda hi-lo chassis. Works fine but just make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing to mount them! The very first time I had it done the guy totally BOTCHED it and misaligned one of the chassis and threw my groove way off before I took a look at it after the game. And they can only put some many holes on the bottom of the boot for rivets.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Your good to go with the Hi-Lo conversions. The Flexlite 12's may need to be altered to fit the Hum'er chassis, but it can work. The all 80s usually hit the bottom of the sole on non-Tour skates, so that needs to be dremelled out. Tour ran a promotion earlier, and they altered the boots for you, and put on the chassis, Dynasty's (offered another wheel too) and bearings for $100 or so. It was a limited time offer, but may be back later.

I know the lower size Tour skates don't come with the 80's. Size 6 and possibly 7 come with 76 while the larger sizes are 80mm.

afterhours

Jan 13, 2006
EazyB97 said:
Your good to go with the Hi-Lo conversions. The Flexlite 12's may need to be altered to fit the Hum'er chassis, but it can work. The all 80s usually hit the bottom of the sole on non-Tour skates, so that needs to be dremelled out. Tour ran a promotion earlier, and they altered the boots for you, and put on the chassis, Dynasty's (offered another wheel too) and bearings for $100 or so. It was a limited time offer, but may be back later.

I know the lower size Tour skates don't come with the 80's. Size 6 and possibly 7 come with 76 while the larger sizes are 80mm.

What if I went with the Flexlite 12's with Hum'er chassis, but 76's across? Would that hit the bottom of the sole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad