OT: Ice Guardians on Netflix

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I saw it months back and it was pretty good. I'll likely watch it again now that it's available on Netflix.

For those that don't know about it, here's the trailer:

Reactions: Jethro

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I'm gonna have to check that one out. Looks like a good one.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Looks really good. As a teenager getting into hockey, Clark Gillies was my hero, and I, like many others enjoyed the fights in hockey games. But as I got older, I started to be anti-fighting. If you think about it on a whole, it's pretty stupid to think you can get into a fight during the game, on the field (ice), and only get banned from the game for 5 minutes. No other major sport allows that. I know there is history to the action of fighting in hockey, but spearing and bench clearing brawls used to happen as well, and they've been outlawed (generally). Very torn on this, since one of my favorite games in the last 10 years was the revenge game vs Pittsburgh in 2011 (9-3 win plus several beat down of the Pens in that game). Konopka was an Islander during those days.

That being said, that film looks to be very well made, so I will watch it.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
My father was a Flyers fan because the islanders didn't exist yet so in the 70's he watched both teams. He loved Dave Shultz and Clarke Gillies. Said these guys in this era were the toughest and baddest SOBs around.

Sorge Georos

Apr 28, 2009
LI
Looks really good. As a teenager getting into hockey, Clark Gillies was my hero, and I, like many others enjoyed the fights in hockey games. But as I got older, I started to be anti-fighting. If you think about it on a whole, it's pretty stupid to think you can get into a fight during the game, on the field (ice), and only get banned from the game for 5 minutes. No other major sport allows that. I know there is history to the action of fighting in hockey, but spearing and bench clearing brawls used to happen as well, and they've been outlawed (generally). Very torn on this, since one of my favorite games in the last 10 years was the revenge game vs Pittsburgh in 2011 (9-3 win plus several beat down of the Pens in that game). Konopka was an Islander during those days.

That being said, that film looks to be very well made, so I will watch it.

Obviously a lot younger but I'm with you. As I got older I started seeing the fighting and excessive hitting as superfluous macho stuff and not really essential to the game itself. Especially the staged fights between goons that supposedly protect our stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad