Ian Cole appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Thanks to him for his solid contribution to the team. He will forever be remembered in our hearts for his consistency, hustle and rock-hard leadership.

His stay in Ottawa was shorter than anticipated, and it seems much longer than it was because of what a warrior he was.

Thank you, Ian. Good luck in your future endeavours.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
giphy.gif

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I'll always remember his tenure here. He was rock solid on the back end. You didn't even notice him out there - it seemed like he never made any mistakes.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I remember being so nervous when we heard that the trade got rejected, and that Ian Cole might have actually been going to Vegas.

Imagine, in one second you're living in a world where Ian Cole is a Senator, the next you're living in one where we may have never acquired him at all. It was a nail biter.

I think not trading Karlsson likely had to do with Cole getting moved. Once we moved Cole, I think Melnyk decided that this team couldn't weather the storm of moving both Cole and Karlsson in the same weekend. The MelnykOut campaign probably opened their eyes to it not being a good idea.

I don't know though, I saw a youtube video earlier of a kid crying about Ian Cole's time being up as a Senator and it made me really sad and nostalgic for what he has done for this franchise. I wish we could have found a way to retain him.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Sens visit him march 17Th
Hope he nets the GWG

Hope we make him an offer July 1st before EK
Gotta prioritize here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad