'I will miss it': Bob Cole dismayed over decision to sideline him for playoffs

Flyers1928

Jan 26, 2018
Canada
Rogers is a f***ing joke, horrible guys calling games, never heard of guy calling flyers pens games and greg millen is awful. He was seen circle jerking the pens in the second intermission last night. Anyone else notice how he can't say provorov. They should collaborate with NBC, both networks "best" guys are doing leafs bruins- stupid

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Best voice in hockey.

Agreed.

Basically, it seems they went with ball instead of Cole. The other guys on the list seem like they have done the playoffs before. I don't know if ball has. If he has, I don't remember.

It just feels wrong not hearing Cole's voice in the postseason.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nostalgia is powerful. Cole isn't a good announcer anymore and hasn't been for years. People are so used to his voice that it doesn't seem to matter what he's saying, it seems.

Neither are the current Rogers PBP guys. ;)

At least fly out one of your multi-million dollar jets and speak to him in person about it. Lol @ a phone call for one of hockey's greatest PBP voices.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Current guys certainly aren't great......I will miss Bob.

liljegren beast

Mar 28, 2018
Wish they treated him better in this situation. However this guy constantly has no idea what is going on during the play. He is constantly getting names wrong and is behind the play. Try listening to him while not looking at the TV screen and you will have 0 idea what is going on in the game

Twinsmagic

Jan 14, 2013
Honestly, Bob might not be what he once was, but he's a legend and will always be. When you hear his voice, you know it's a big game.

Why Rogers would choose Romanuk over him is mind-boggling to say the least. Whenever I hear Romanuk's voice, I just switch to the NBC feed instead, or any other feed really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad