i. white or t. daley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooseOAK*

Ott = Snott said:
I don't see why we even bother.. Just enjoy White and his fringe NHL career!
Went through the same thing with Wellwood. I should be enjoying his AHL season this year if I listened to everyone else.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Geese_Howard said:
untrue its soo bloody hard to crack the leafs dline up, out of every team in the NHL i think its hardest for a youngster to crack the leafs line up until this year.
so its more difficult to crack the dline of a team with much weaker defensemen? that hardly makes sense. Especially when you consider how impossible its been for any youngster to crack dallas' lineup in recent years.

Geese_Howard*

I still think its too premature to compare white to anyone... hes played 4 games and looked pretty damn good, but I think once whitey gets a full season under his belt then we could get a fair accessment.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
mooseOAK said:
Went through the same thing with Wellwood. I should be enjoying his AHL season this year if I listened to everyone else.
Look man you can think what you want and be as hardheaded as you like, but the fact is 4 games is no time to determine that he is better than Daley. Its absolutely absurd to think he is better than daley right now.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Geese_Howard said:
I still think its too premature to compare white to anyone... hes played 4 games and looked pretty damn good, but I think once whitey gets a full season under his belt then we could get a fair accessment.
exactly

Geese_Howard*

txomisc said:
so its more difficult to crack the dline of a team with much weaker defensemen? that hardly makes sense. Especially when you consider how impossible its been for any youngster to crack dallas' lineup in recent years.

I guess you dont know much about the leafs past management.... aki berg, lumme, klee, belak, khavanov, cross, diduck, johannson, housley, etc, need I go on?

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
No way Dallas would trade Daley for White If Leafs happy with White great then they only need 2 or 3 more NHL quality d-men

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
txomisc said:

This isn't a fantasy league where you simply insert the players that have the best rating into your lineup. Players may not make the team or may not get enough/proper ice-time or being used properly for several reasons, including coaching and cap management decisions.

--------------------------

As for this whole debate, it's clear that it's one poster that has stubbornly refused to consider logic in this thread. As a Leaf's fan I realize that the sample size is far too small to accurately determine a player's ability in the NHL. I also believe that Trevor Daley at this point is a better NHL d-man, period. However, there is a possibility that Ian White might end up being very comparable. He hasn't just played adequately, he's played very well and has produced. I think some are writing him off far too easily.

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
Starz said:
Which leads me to wonder....why was Sean Brown signed in the off-season if he was going to play the whole year with the Marlies? Is he still injured?

Brad Brown.

And he was for depth within the organization, he was never really a threat to make the Leafs.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Geese_Howard said:
I guess you dont know much about the leafs past management.... aki berg, lumme, klee, belak, khavanov, cross, diduck, johannson, housley, etc, need I go on?
yeah its like the stars only the stars dmen in front of daley were better. although we had a couple of the guys on that list as well

mooseOAK*

txomisc said:
Look man you can think what you want and be as hardheaded as you like, but the fact is 4 games is no time to determine that he is better than Daley. Its absolutely absurd to think he is better than daley right now.
I have no problem with my position and I have no problem looking at the situation a year from now and risking someone throwing these posts back at me. However, I don't think that is going to be necessary. I saw plenty of White and Daley in the AHL last season to make up my own mind as to what kind of players that they are.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
mooseOAK said:
He's going to get worse?

It's incredibly common for younger players to perform very well upon their first call up to the bigs. They ride an adrenaline rush. But quite often they come back down to earth and go through a serious learning curve. Some even fail completely (I could list off so many examples, Peter Sejna is one that comes to mind immediately. Jeff Farkas is a good Leafs example). And sometimes they don't hit that snag and continue playing well. That's the whole point of the people arguing against you. 4 games is such a small sample size, especially when comparing him to a player who's been outstanding for an entire season.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Honus Joglund said:
Brad Brown.

And he was for depth within the organization, he was never really a threat to make the Leafs.

Oh yeah, whoops, my bad, lol

I figured an established NHL vet would get at least a call-up to the Leafs, but then again, Battaglia hasn't played for the Leafs yet either, I don't think.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
woah, this thread is retarted lol

Daley has already proven himself to be a good NHL defensemen in his rookie year.

White has been good the 4 games he's been here, but its only 4 games. Lets see how he plays out the rest of the season.

I like White, and he has the potential to be a very good defenseman, but its too soon to tell.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Starz said:
Oh yeah, whoops, my bad, lol

I figured an established NHL vet would get at least a call-up to the Leafs, but then again, Battaglia hasn't played for the Leafs yet either, I don't think.

No, and he cant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad