Proposal: I WANT TANEV!!!!! (TOR/VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If you trade Myers for 25oa and a b prospect that will never play for the Jets you are crazy. And what makes Myers better than tanev?
No clue what Myers has to do with this but Jets have had a strong history of drafting in the 1st. Roslovic was pick 25 and in the 2018 draft players like Dellandrea, Alexyev, Wise, Hallander, Kaut, Tychonick, Olofsson, Berggren or Lundkvist etc could be available. Would want a better 1st round pick and I think if multiple teams bid on Myers a better pick would be ponied up. As for who is better, it is a bit tough to compare since they are different types of Dmen. If you are looking for an offensive catalyst that is good on the PP and skating with the puck out the zone but has some questionable defensive IQ at times (Myers did lead the Jets in PK TOI, 4th in EV TOI and 2nd in PP TOI) then Myers is your guy. If you want a steady and saffe stay at home defensive dman that has limited offensive upside then Tanev is your guy. Would be an interesting poll.

KK could be a 40-50 pt top 9 forward or he could tap out to a player like Joel Armia. Having a younger and cheaper Joel Armia is not a bad thing. KK is not the type of prospect that I think the Jets would covet, but it isn't awful.

Not advocating a trade for Myers, Id rather keep him, but if the Jets want to acquire another C either via trade or Free Agency he'd be a guy that might be a cap casualty (there are other guys to consider too)

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Definitely not what Leafs fans think. They think he projects and have said on this board many times that he will guaranteed be a 60+ point player. Every other fan base have said otherwise. I believe all teams have players like him and that he isn't something to write home about. We have our own in Goldobin.
Would a 3rd rounder for Goldobin work since everyone has a propsect like him?

Also your generalization of leaf fans is laughable. Hardly see anyone saying Kap will put up 60 plus points..

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
No clue what Myers has to do with this but Jets have had a strong history of drafting in the 1st. Roslovic was pick 25 and in the 2018 draft players like Dellandrea, Alexyev, Wise, Hallander, Kaut, Tychonick, Olofsson, Berggren or Lundkvist etc could be available. Would want a better 1st round pick and I think if multiple teams bid on Myers a better pick would be ponied up. As for who is better, it is a bit tough to compare since they are different types of Dmen. If you are looking for an offensive catalyst that is good on the PP and skating with the puck out the zone but has some questionable defensive IQ at times (Myers did lead the Jets in PK TOI, 4th in EV TOI and 2nd in PP TOI) then Myers is your guy. If you want a steady and saffe stay at home defensive dman that has limited offensive upside then Tanev is your guy. Would be an interesting poll.

KK could be a 40-50 pt top 9 forward or he could tap out to a player like Joel Armia. Having a younger and cheaper Joel Armia is not a bad thing. KK is not the type of prospect that I think the Jets would covet, but it isn't awful.

Not advocating a trade for Myers, Id rather keep him, but if the Jets want to acquire another C either via trade or Free Agency he'd be a guy that might be a cap casualty (there are other guys to consider too)
My point was that I think tanev is much better and far more valuable to the Canucks (as opposed to Myers value is to the jets) yet you are ready to tell canucks fans that a return of less than you would take for Myers, is fair value. I don't agree. It's not even close.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
My point was that I think tanev is much better and far more valuable to the Canucks (as opposed to Myers value is to the jets) yet you are ready to tell canucks fans that a return of less than you would take for Myers, is fair value. I don't agree. It's not even close.
Myers isn't as valuable to the jets but he is still valued peice league wide. Also i never said the bolded

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Its stuff like this that just irks most fans, you giving reasons that most don't care about. If you want to bring up his playing on the 4th line, why not bring up Tanevs injury history because he blocks shots with his face?

Wow, I can't even wrap my head around that kind of thought process. You people don't care about context etc.

And it's just disingenuous to compare player usage and player injury history. You can change player usage but if a player is just injury prone, that's not going to change.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Dubas is keeping Kapanen and in a year we won't be needing to give people reasons anymore.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Wow, I can't even wrap my head around that kind of thought process. You people don't care about context etc.

And it's just disingenuous to compare player usage and player injury history. You can change player usage but if a player is just injury prone, that's not going to change.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Dubas is keeping Kapanen and in a year we won't be needing to give people reasons anymore.

Lovely ideals, now lets use then for Tanev next time a Leafs fans hits us with Tanev playing a negative number of games due to injury. Context is very important, but no one cares unless its your guy.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I can't speak for that poster, but many Leafs fans have offered 1st+2nd+2nd for Tanev....and in the Myers thread, many Jets fans were good with les than that for Myers.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I can't speak for that poster, but many Leafs fans have offered 1st+2nd+2nd for Tanev....and in the Myers thread, many Jets fans were good with les than that for Myers.
Haven't seen many offer 1st+2nd+2nd. Vancouver would do that in a heartbeat though.

Reactions: Cogburn

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

As a Leafs fan, I've certainly said 1st + Conditional Second, + Conditional 3rd + Carrick/Nielsen..

Reactions: Liferleafer

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Just curious from both a Leafs & Nucks fans pov what do you think KK projects to become at the nhl level?

Leafs fans?

Nucks fans?

Please give me your projection. Thx

The problem in predictions... is who does he play with, and how much ice time?

He's probably a 30-40 point guy on his own merits. But, if he ends up on a line with Marner, or Matthews, his numbers are going to get inflated... how high? Who knows 50+ is feasible, but that isn't an indicator of his talents, as much as those around him.

Reactions: Hunter368

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
@Hunter368 -> Take a look at Zach Hyman for example... is he a 40 point forward? Is he a .6 PPG playoff performer?

Without Matthews, he's a fourth line plugger, who might get 20 points at some point.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Listen, not a leafs fan. To call AM injury prone is laughable especially in the same realm as Chris Tanev. And there have been plenty of reasonable offers in this thread/forum for an injury prone defensive dman nearing 30
DRW204 -What is this the?

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Id do it in a heartbeat, we are going to suck until Van realizes they actually need to start accumulating draft picks to build through the draft
If your a Nucks fan you know our prospect pool is looking better then the majority of NHL teams, draft picks are good, however, it’s not all we need

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Its stuff like this that just irks most fans, you giving reasons that most don't care about. If you want to bring up his playing on the 4th line, why not bring up Tanevs injury history because he blocks shots with his face?

Tanev blocks shots with his face? Maybe some1 should teach him how to block a shot ie not with ur face lmao. So he's stupid along with being injury prone haha

canuckfaithful

Jun 6, 2012
If you really want him to play for your team, your first step should be to synthesize the stuff that makes Wolverine heal fast. Giving him adamantium bones might work too actually, not sure if the NHL would greenlight it as a performance enhancing drug though/illegal equipment though.
That’s hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->