Proposal: I WANT TANEV!!!!! (TOR/VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Lol you're reaching....AM has more full seasons than Chris Tanev despite starting starting his career 2 years ago :laugh:

Seriously, send VAN a conditional 2019 1st, and every block of 10 games he missed, let it drop a round. if he missed a full year, VAN sends over the 1st :sarcasm:
Listen, why do you leaf fans want him so bad, pay up or move along Wanda

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Austin Mathews has played two seasons(164 games) and he has missed 20 already, based on what leaf fans are saying about Tanev being injury prone, I’d say Austin is well on his way to pass Tanev for missed games
Oh no Connor McDavid has missed 37 games. He is more like Tanev too. Boeser missed 20 games too! OMG it is like everyone is on pace to miss more games than Tanev.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Some leafs fans have offered multiple picks including two first rounders. They want him more than others. I like Tanev but I would not be willing to pay even close to what my fellow leaf fans are willing.

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Oh no Connor McDavid has missed 37 games. He is more like Tanev too. Boeser missed 20 games too! OMG it is like everyone is on pace to miss more games than Tanev.
Some info for you, as of March 2017, Tanev is not even in the top 15 for most missed games due to injury, look it up

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Listen, not a leafs fan. To call AM injury prone is laughable especially in the same realm as Chris Tanev. And there have been plenty of reasonable offers in this thread/forum for an injury prone defensive dman nearing 30

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Listen, not a leafs fan. To call AM injury prone is laughable especially in the same realm as Chris Tanev. And there have been plenty of reasonable offers in this thread/forum for an injury prone defensive dman nearing 30
Look this up, as of March 2017(I know it doesn’t include this last season) CT is not even in the top 15 for most games missed due to injury, I’m not sure why he’s being labeled as such and as far as reasonable offers, maybe according to leafs fans just like most Nick fans feel our offers are reasonable, that’s how it works

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
:shakehead So yes. Thank you.
Listen, I’m not trying to be a jerk, my point is simply that there are other players who have missed more games due to injury then Tanev has so the “injury prone” thing is just bs. And, if you look up his injuries, they are almost all the result of what he brings to the table which is one of the best shot surpression dman in the league, which, unfortunately comes with injuries, however, with him on your team, any offensive stud dman they may have, just had their life made a bit easier if paired with CT. So ya, he won’t get you 40+points, but he will play the hard minutes and take some of that type of pressure off the offensive dman to do his job.

Edit and if your a team on the bubble of becoming a serious contender, he’s worth the gamble and the price

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Listen, I’m not trying to be a jerk, my point is simply that there are other players who have missed more games due to injury then Tanev has so the “injury prone” thing is just bs. And, if you look up his injuries, they are almost all the result of what he brings to the table which is one of the best shot surpression dman in the league, which, unfortunately comes with injuries, however, with him on your team, any offensive stud dman they may have, just had their life made a bit easier if paired with CT. So ya, he won’t get you 40+points, but he will play the hard minutes and take some of that type of pressure off the offensive dman to do his job
AS I have said repeatedly, I think he is a good defenceman. I am not willing to pay what the Canucks fans asking price is, nor am I willing to pay what some of my fellow leaf fans are willing to give up. I have no connection with the Leafs outside of being a fan so I cannot influence what the Leafs or Canucks do about Tanev. I hope he plays all 82 games with the Canucks and that he is healthy.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
So I take it you would take those deals for Myers or trouba (with a small +)

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
AS I have said repeatedly, I think he is a good defenceman. I am not willing to pay what the Canucks fans asking price is, nor am I willing to pay what some of my fellow leaf fans are willing to give up. I have no connection with the Leafs outside of being a fan so I cannot influence what the Leafs or Canucks do about Tanev. I hope he plays all 82 games with the Canucks and that he is healthy.
Sorry man, I thought this was a discussion board, my bad

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
So I take it you would take those deals for Myers or trouba (with a small +)
Not Trouba, simply not for sale. He and Morrisey will be cornerstones for the D core for the next decade hopefully. It would have to be a significant overpay.

Myers for a deal similar to OP Kap+1st? I would. I'd probably try and get a D prospect though. Myers might not be available if it all fits under the cap next year.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Not Trouba, simply not for sale. He and Morrisey will be cornerstones for the D core for the next decade hopefully. It would have to be a significant overpay.

Myers for a deal similar to OP Kap+1st? I would. I'd probably try and get a D prospect though. Myers might not be available if it all fits under the cap next year.
So in your books the order is trouba by far, Myers, .......tanev. I would say you are a homer and not giving tanev enough credit...and have fallen for leafs crying injury prone.. ..yet Myers missed almost a year.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
So in your books the order is trouba by far, Myers, .......tanev. I would say you are a homer and not giving tanev enough credit...and have fallen for leafs crying injury prone.. ..yet Myers missed almost a year.
What on earth are you talking about. They're both injury prone. Look at their games played over the years. Myers has more years of 80+ games than Tanev. I don't need leafs fans to tell me he misses lots of time, I can check nhl.com

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
What on earth are you talking about. They're both injury prone. Look at their games played over the years. Myers has more years of 80+ games than Tanev. I don't need leafs fans to tell me he misses lots of time, I can check nhl.com
If you trade Myers for 25oa and a b prospect that will never play for the Jets you are crazy. And what makes Myers better than tanev?

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017
I don't think it's fair to compare Tanev to Lupul.

Didn't Lupul have a chronic injury? Something that kept getting reinjured all the time? Tanev has been missed a lot of time this year to mumps and a broken jaw. That's hardly going to repeat itself. Only so many times you can block a puck with your face before you start turning away. He'll learn his lesson quick enough.
Also, Lupul is the worst case scenario. Yes, it is possible that Tanev keeps missing more than 20 games every season, but likely? I think not.

Also I'd like to remind you that in hindsight, the ask from Leafs fans for Lupul was also very high. There were no biters, but the price was set high. The same goes for Tanev. If he does manage to stay healthy, he is a premium defender at the most prized position. And he has synergy with Rielly to boot. That has value.
In the end, we're just going to wait this out until Tanev pulls off a decent uninjured season. There's actually a chance we might move Edler out at the deadline instead (promise him a contract if he moves for a chance at the cup).

Some of Lupuls injuries were pretty random, just like Tanev's. And we had Lupul at his best by far.

I think he's a great fit for Toronto but his injuries and lack of scoring are two huge knocks against him. We already have Hainsey on the right who doesn't put up points.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Some of Lupuls injuries were pretty random, just like Tanev's. And we had Lupul at his best by far.

I think he's a great fit for Toronto but his injuries and lack of scoring are two huge knocks against him. We already have Hainsey on the right who doesn't put up points.
For this Leafs fan....his injuries? Yes, that's a concern. But his scoring is not, offence is not an issue on this team, defense is.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

Good question. If the injury woes are so bad, not sure why so many fellow Bud fans have any interest at all. We'd be better off with Borgman, Carrick or Rosen.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Doubt it. He's exactly what the Leafs need, but most Leafs fans want to be cheap as hell. That being said, a number of Canucks fans are also over asking, but that's the nature of forums etc....

It's a deal that makes sense for both teams, but the actual managers need to get the deal done. A deal around 2018 1st, 2019 conditional, 2020 conditional... and perhaps prospect/player such as Leivo, Carrick, Nielsen.....

2019 Conditional based on games played in 2018/19. As high as 2nd round, based on 70+ games played... dropping a round every 10 games missed.
2020 Conditional based on games played in 2019/20. As high as 3rd round, based on 70 +games played... dropping a round every 10 games missed.

Maybe the conditions are 60 games +, maybe it's a couple of players/prospects... Maybe there is no conditions, and it's simply a 1st + 2019 2nd + prospect/players...
This is by far the least intelligent post in this topic.

beoser

May 30, 2018
Just curious from both a Leafs & Nucks fans pov what do you think KK projects to become at the nhl level?

Leafs fans?

Nucks fans?

Please give me your projection. Thx

Definitely not what Leafs fans think. They think he projects and have said on this board many times that he will guaranteed be a 60+ point player. Every other fan base have said otherwise. I believe all teams have players like him and that he isn't something to write home about. We have our own in Goldobin.

beoser

May 30, 2018
You must be trolling when you question a guy's goal totals after he's player less than 60 NHL games and has spent most of them on the 4th line (because of Toronto's RW depth). Or are you just deficient?

Its stuff like this that just irks most fans, you giving reasons that most don't care about. If you want to bring up his playing on the 4th line, why not bring up Tanevs injury history because he blocks shots with his face?

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Definitely not what Leafs fans think. They think he projects and have said on this board many times that he will guaranteed be a 60+ point player. Every other fan base have said otherwise. I believe all teams have players like him and that he isn't something to write home about. We have our own in Goldobin.

Few points:

- You seem to be generalizing in your post, about Leaf posters.

- I’ve discussed KK with many Leafs fans in 25+ threads and maybe 3-5 posters have claimed he will produce at 60+ rate or potential thus a small % of them. Most agree he’s 40-50 two way middle six forward who can be used on the PK.

- Yes, majority of teams have at least one middle six prospect who has that same potential......that doesn’t mean KK isn’t valuable. Prospects often don’t workout as projected, give me two prospects and it doubles my chances of getting what is projected.

Reactions: firstemperor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->