I thought it was crunch time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twine Seeking Missle

Go monkey go!!!
Dec 30, 2004
Suck-town
I was just reading the NY Times about the meeting yesterday. I quote... " discussions included no new proposals or concepts from either side ". I was well aware that there would be no proposal but no new concepts?? I thought they were trying to " bridge the gap ". How is that possible if nothing new was talked about? Do these guys realize that it is now Jan 27th? :shakehead

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
don't beleive anything in print word for word at this juncture. Neither side is telling the media anything worth printing.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Twine Seeking Missle said:
I was just reading the NY Times about the meeting yesterday. I quote... " discussions included no new proposals or concepts from either side ". I was well aware that there would be no proposal but no new concepts?? I thought they were trying to " bridge the gap ". How is that possible if nothing new was talked about? Do these guys realize that it is now Jan 27th? :shakehead
too funny eh ..

if they didnt discuss anything new, what took 8 hours ?

did they have an Madden X Box tournement ?

i think its either a lie or just word play. if they were conitnuing discussions on previous concepts, then i guess nothing new was discussed.

but clearly they were discussing something. or did they say in hour 2

"boys, we dont agree on anything, but lets sit here for another 6 hours and then come out and say nothing so that everyone can think we are making progress, which of course we will deny .... so who wants to be the Pats and who is going to be the Eagles."

DR

SENSible1*

DR said:
too funny eh ..

i think its either a lie or just word play. if they were conitnuing discussions on previous concepts, then i guess nothing new was discussed.

"boys, we dont agree on anything, but lets sit here for another 6 hours and then come out and say nothing so that everyone can think we are making progress, which of course we will deny .... so who wants to be the Pats and who is going to be the Eagles."

DR

Of course we could be igoring the obvious implication that no new proposals or concepts were being discussed due to the fact that they were simply working out the details of a proposal they have been hammering away at for a while now.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Thunderstruck said:
Of course we could be igoring the obvious implication that no new proposals or concepts were being discussed due to the fact that they were simply working out the details of a proposal they have been hammering away at for a while now.
maybe you are on "auto-disagree" or something ?

didnt i say

"if they were conitnuing discussions on previous concepts, then i guess nothing new was discussed."

is this not the same thing you are saying ?

lol

DR

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thunderstruck said:

Good thinking! This is a very plausible idea.

SENSible1*

DR said:
maybe you are on "auto-disagree" or something ?

didnt i say

"if they were conitnuing discussions on previous concepts, then i guess nothing new was discussed."

is this not the same thing you are saying ?

lol

DR

Sorry DR, I wasn't responding to your post but the original message. I just clicked the wrong button and was too lazy to delete your response.

I agreed with your take. {although my "auto-disagree" button does need a little oil from time to time when it gets stuck. ;) }

Marconius

Jan 27, 2003
Visit site
DR said:
too funny eh ..

DR

In knows you were kidding, but what if theres some truth in it. Both the NHL & NHLPA must feel the heat from the fans. There has been example upon example of the American's caring less and less. Even the Canadian fans are getting fed up with it. Could be they both know no decision will be reached, but they both decided to hold a bunch of sham meetings right before the cutoff to appease the fans...

Brent Burns Beard