Post-Game Talk: I thought about making this topic, but I missed the post button. Jets lose 3-1

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yea this x 100 I hate losing but people need to grow up a bit....and it's not just the Jets boards it's all the boards.

I like the recaps like Lynk does where he calls it like he sees it but does so in a constructive and entertaining fashion.....or garret and truck where they give us the numbers. where it gets so mind numbing is when we become the 1290 drive home show and it's time to fire sale the team off.....and pretty much after every loss :help:

The way I see it, fan forums in general are first a good way to connect with the segment of the population that is fanatical as you, second to blow off steam in a healthy way (better here than with your family etc.) and third to gain information and insight beyond what is otherwise available. A lot of the stuff I've read on the Jets board is a step beyond a lot of the stuff spouted on sports radio and other media. Everyone is allowed a ***** & whine once in awhile you just can't be your only reason to post.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
A quick glance at Burmi's draft mates

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2010e.html

Honestly he holds Up pretty well against this group. there has been more than one night this season where he has been our best forward. I know the points have to start coming and I believe they will. For now let's breath and enjoy the YOUNG mans 200 foot game.

Crazy how many games hes played in already compared to others.

Some prospects come in guns blazing full of offense, but the 200 foot game lacks. Burmi has the 200 foot game already, the offense will come. May take a couple of years but it will.

If not, hes a great bottom 6'er.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
You could be right. I am an eternal optimist though. I see what our players can be and see a solid team. Unfortunately, we have a lot of guys not playing the way we need them to.

I think this team may have enough tent to slide into the playoffs, but they need to earn it every night
Which unfortunately, they havent been doing this season.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The way I see it, fan forums in general are first a good way to connect with the segment of the population that is fanatical as you, second to blow off steam in a healthy way (better here than with your family etc.) and third to gain information and insight beyond what is otherwise available. A lot of the stuff I've read on the Jets board is a step beyond a lot of the stuff spouted on sports radio and other media. Everyone is allowed a ***** & whine once in awhile you just can't be your only reason to post.

100% agree.....nothing wrong with blowing off some steam once in a while because we all feel the frustration and every fan base feels it....... there are some troubling negative, "repetitive", knee jerk, sky is falling, everyone must go, patterns that make me want to take a nap. I come here "for" the difference of opinion and learn allot on HFBoards and usually I take posters for what they are in all shapes and sizes........however once in a while (same posters same mind numbing post loss posts) it can get the better of me. Perhaps I should manage the only controllable variable in the equation and ignore the post loss chatter.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
100% agree.....nothing wrong with blowing off some steam once in a while because we all feel the frustration and every fan base feels it....... there are some troubling negative, "repetitive", knee jerk, sky is falling, everyone must go, patterns that make me want to take a nap. I come here "for" the difference of opinion and learn allot on HFBoards and usually I take posters for what they are in all shapes and sizes........however once in a while (same posters same mind numbing post loss posts) it can get the better of me. Perhaps I should manage the only controllable variable in the equation and ignore the post loss chatter.

I find right after a loss my emotions about the game/team are drastic compared to a day later when i have time to settle down a big haha

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I find right after a loss my emotions about the game/team are drastic compared to a day later when i have time to settle down a big haha

I tend to post whatever good thoughts I've got, then get outta dodge. Too emotionally invested to not say things I'll regret. Like you, a day usually greatly improves my demeanour. ;)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I tend to post whatever good thoughts I've got, then get outta dodge. Too emotionally invested to not say things I'll regret. Like you, a day usually greatly improves my demeanour. ;)

Funny you boys mention this.....at work I self administer "the 24 hour rule". I have similar reaction that you guys are describing. whenever I want to send a "heated email" or make a call when I am really pi55ed I wait 24 hours and in in most cases have a trusted colleague proff read my email or listen to my issues before I call. This move has stopped me from making allot of mistakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad