World Cup: I think there is a good possibility that we'll see a new World Cup in 2023

Do you agree that this scenario sounds likely?

• Total voters

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I will only watch if there is a Team North America. That was the best, most exciting hockey we got on international ice, since the Canada Cups at least.

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Make it a 10 team tournament and include the following teams:

Canada
United States
Sweden
Russia
Finland
Czech Republic
Germany
Switzerland
Slovakia
Denmark / Team North America U-23

Divide them in to 2 groups of 5. Group winners go to semis and 2nd and 3rd of each group play the quarterfinals.

I dont think thats going to happen any time soon, if ever. We just have to wait for the 2026 Olympics.

Last edited:

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
If you want to see gimmick teams play meaningless hockey, go watch the all star game or bring your “how would the 23 fattest players in the league fare against Team Canada”-threads to life in an NHL 22 simulation.

But if you want to replace the best-on-best Olympic hockey tournaments, get f***ing serious about it!

Jahara

Sep 25, 2018
If it's open to everyone, sure. If it's just NHL players with the gimmick teams, meh.
If any gimmick teams are included, then I won't a second of it.
Yes, we have heard that 10 000 times now. Do you prefer Germany instead of a team like Team Europe?

Make it a 10 team tournament and include the following teams:

Canada
United States
Sweden
Russia
Finland
Czech Republic
Germany
Switzerland
Slovakia
Denmark / Team North America U-23

Divide them in to 2 groups of 5. Group winners go to semis and 2nd and 3rd of each group play the quarterfinals.

I dont think thats going to happen any time soon, if ever. We just have to wait for the 2026 Olympics.
We have 10 teams when you could have 6 teams and everyone meets each other? Much more fun than seeing Russia winning with five goals against a team like Denmark.

Last edited:

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Yes, we have heard that 10 000 times now. Do you prefer Germany instead of a team like Team Europe?

We have 10 teams when you could have 6 teams and everyone meets each other? Much more fun than seeing Russia winning with five goals against a team like Denmark.
Yes, national teams are better than shit gimmick teams.

Reactions: heksagon and JETZZZ

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland

Well I want to see national teams and those 10 teams I listed are at least competitive. Maybe Denmark not so much, but I rather see them than some North American youngster team. And I think its not fair to exclude countries like Switzerland and Germany. They are doing good job nowadays.

Jahara

Sep 25, 2018
They have their chance at the Olympics. World Cup should be just like during the Canada Cup days with the 6 best teams facing off. The dynamic between the tournaments gets much better that way.

member 305909

I'm sure they have learned their lesson regarding gimmick-teams.

However, as unbelievable as it sounds, somebody must have thought that the gimmick-teams was a great idea. Otherwise they wouldn't have had those teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad