I think the NHL will be on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Original6

Im guessing that the NHL will be on TNT in some capacity and here is why. TNT is great at promoting sports just look at the NBA on TNT coverage. I think bettman would want to close the deal on this. So who does he talk to get this deal? How about the owner of the Atlanta Thrashers, Ted Tuners, who also owns TNT. Obviously the deal would work for both companies because the NHL obviously trusts turner enough to give him a franchise and we all know turner's eyes light up everytime he finds more ways of getting money. What do you think?

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Ted Turner is a powerless position with Time Warner I believe and has no ownership stake in the Thrashers.

TNT has mega-NBA playoffs in April/May which would make things difficult for them to be the primary cable channel for the NHL, although TNT would be a great compliment to Comcast or ESPN(2) as a secondary rights holder.

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
There were reports a week or so ago that OLN is getting it and they are just waiting to make it official. They are turning OLN into a Comcast competitor of ESPN.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
OLN as in Outdoor Life Network? that would be interesting. at the very least i hope it goes to a network that broadcasts in HD. that's one reason i would be pulling for a contract with TNT.

Original6

PredsFan77 said:
wow you are a fool....stick to your original6 *****.
How am I a fool? Because I don't know that the thrashers were sold? Sorry if I don't follow all these sun belt teams like everyone is supposed to! :shakehead

PredsFan77*

Original6 said:
How am I a fool? Because I don't know that the thrashers were sold? Sorry if I don't follow all these sun belt teams like everyone is supposed to! :shakehead

you should at least before coming up with these outlandish claims.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Mod should close this up.

When you used the "buddy" to me it came across as arrogant and sarcastic ... PWND post, I think was in reference to you then being shown facts that confirm that you were mistaken.

Original6

Trizent said:
Mod should close this up.

When you used the "buddy" to me it came across as arrogant and sarcastic ... PWND post, I think was in reference to you then being shown facts that confirm that you were mistaken.

oh I know, but that predsfan came out of left field.

PredsFan77*

Original6 said:
oh I know, but that predsfan came out of left field.

I often do. If you don't watch out I might bang your sister...I'm sneaky like that.

Original6

PredsFan77 said:
I often do. If you don't watch out I might bang your sister...I'm sneaky like that.

You sure you wont bang your own? Can a mod close this post please.

PredsFan77*

Original6 said:
You sure you wont bang your own? Can a mod close this post please.

oh snap...good thing I'm above that or I might lower myself to having to do a french joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad