I think 3 years down the road this is how people will see the 2005 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Crosby a bust? Doubter's should ride a WHL bus for...

a couple of years to learn hockey.

At the least Crosby will be a 2nd line player in the NHL = not a bust.

Alex Daigle is a bust as he wasn't more than a 3rd line player or less.

Franchise players are few and far between whether they are picked 1st or last in the 1st round.

Get a grip bust boys. :shakehead

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
John Agar said:
Alex Daigle is a bust as he wasn't more than a 3rd line player or less.
Daigle was atleast a 2nd liner, and even scored 51 points in 03-04. I'm not trying to defend the guy, but he was better than a 3rd line player.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Any player can be shut down

Seamus O' Toole said:
he got shut down by Shea Weber, I'm glad we have him to know what Brule's tendancies are ... :yo:

Didn't Brule get a hat trick against Kelowna in the season's last game in Vancouver? I think Seattle shut him down a few times more than Kelowna. Brule still finished 3rd in scoring in a very tough defensive conference. Even Gretzky got shut down a few times by Steve Kasper of the Bruins during the Oilers heyday.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Stiffler's Mom said:
Didn't Brule get a hat trick against Kelowna in the season's last game in Vancouver? I think Seattle shut him down a few times more than Kelowna. Brule still finished 3rd in scoring in a very tough defensive conference. Even Gretzky got shut down a few times by Steve Kasper of the Bruins during the Oilers heyday.

Weber was injured during that game, though ;)

clarkwgriswold*

1. Crosby
2. Johnson
3. Bergfors
4. Pouliot
5. Hanzal

Man i'm gonna get hammered for this

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
orcatown said:
You are way out on a limb with Bertram- He is small and not all that fast. Saw him in the intersquad game and he was just bounced around. I think he is a long shot to make the NHl let alone star. Doubt he makes the Junior National Team.

Cogilano is really small. Also he has never even played major Junior. Projecting him as future star is total guess work. Moreover the guy is also pretty complete as hockey player right now. I don't see him having that much upside.

Guys, who were outside the top 5, who have chance of ultimately might be seen as top 5 include IMO

1. Kopitar
2. Bourdon
3. Hanzal
4. Staal
5. Parent
I don't know, I haven't seen Bertram play in quite a while, but he was always one of the faster players to me, he has become a long shot though, that is for sure.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
ProctorSilex said:
Crosby = Daigle, Lawton....

BUST. Guaranteed.

what in the history of sids career would make you to call him a guaranteed bust? He is twice the prospect daigle was and will likely be twice the player. I dont understand how you can call him a bust. What has he done wrong? He is arguably the best 16/17 year old hockey player EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->