I sure hope the Russians aren't much better than the Czech's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
SIBIR said:
i think if USA wins, we have to await a lot of " :biglaugh: "

If USA wins I won't have any problems congratulating USA fans, but I'm not sure if he will be able to do so if Russia wins... Let alone justify all those ignorant and trollish posts about Russian players and Johnatan Toews.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
TORRUS said:
If USA wins I won't have any problems congratulating USA fans, but I'm not sure if he will be able to do so if Russia wins... Let alone justify all those ignorant and trollish posts about Russian players and Johnatan Toews.

The USA may still be able to put it altogether. I personally think the American team was a little overhyped but I've been known to be wrong on many occasions. There is one thing though 3 of the 4 teams in the semi's are from Division A: Canada, USA and Finland. This leads me to think that division A was a much tougher and more competitive division than B.

Anyhow, it's a tough call to amke but I'll lean in Russia's favor simply because the American's had to play 4 games in 5 nights.

Complaining Customer

Aug 23, 2005
onice said:
The USA may still be able to put it altogether. I personally think the American team was a little overhyped but I've been known to be wrong on many occasions. There is one thing though 3 of the 4 teams in the semi's are from Division A: Canada, USA and Finland. This leads me to think that division A was a much tougher and more competitive division than B.

Well, consider that Sweden deserved to win against the Finns and played much better, and then consider the Tchecks vs. the Swiss... I personnally think division B was "better overall", with division A more "front-loaded" (Canada-USA).

Anyway, I thought the Tchecks played like crap, couldn't get a pass right, and blowed on the PP. Still they managed to keep close with the US. If Team USA doesn't play a tighter game today, they're going to get killed AND will have a hard time beating Finland for the bronze.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
onice said:
There is one thing though 3 of the 4 teams in the semi's are from Division A: Canada, USA and Finland. This leads me to think that division A was a much tougher and more competitive division than B.

I would say that goalies are better in group A. The teams from group A were outplayed but the goalies were the difference (Rask and Schneider).

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Complaining Customer said:
they're going to get killed AND will have a hard time beating Finland for the bronze.

I'm sure you mean "Canada for the bronze". And yes, you will have an impossible time beating them for it.

X0ssbar

Should be a great game. I think all records, team potential, draft status, etc can all be shoved aside when teams like US and Russia face off (same with Canada vs. either of these two). Any given day either team can win.

I just hope Center Ice shows the game live. I need to be late again to work tomorrow :D

tsar

TORRUS said:
Rush5Collapse5, I honestly hope you won't disappear after todays game!
Can’t wait to see the list of excuses afterwards … With all those first round protégés of Alexandr Dairle you can’t lose.. right?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
tsar said:
Can’t wait to see the list of excuses afterwards … With all those first round protégés of Alexandr Dairle you can’t lose.. right?

There is going to be one single excuse: we are really better and we have better drafted defencemen, and like we played better teams:)amazed:?), and we should have really won..... but you know, we were tired :innocent: .

RedAce

Mar 9, 2005
New York, NY
I hope Russia opens a BIG can of WoopASS on team usa tonight!!!
Malkin has more talent then anyone on team usa. i hope he shows his best and if he does i don't think it will even be close!

Misos Milakos*

Rush5Collapse5 said:
Check the scheduling and get back at me. US team played all "warmed up" teams excluding Norway. Look how Canada did with the team we warmed up compared to our rout over Norway.

Pathetic.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
RedAce said:
I hope Russia opens a BIG can of WoopASS on team usa tonight!!!
Malkin has more talent then anyone on team usa. i hope he shows his best and if he does i don't think it will even be close!

Thats what i mean ! Its all about Malkin ! He is the man ! If he brings 80% we win 4:3 IF 100 % it will be not even close !

I just dont see the USa defence stop Malkin for 60 min ! That kid skates so easily through the defence its just insane ! I hope hes teammates can convert the plays !

SHAIBUUUUU ROSSIAAAAAAA ! SHAIBUUUUUUUUUUU !!!!! :yo: :bow:

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Rush5Collapse5 said:
Vjateslav Buravchikov = #191st overall :biglaugh:
Andrei Zubarev = HFProspect Grade: 6.0 C :biglaugh:
Kirill Lyamin = Round 2 #58 overall :snide:
Nikita Nikitin = 5th round, #136th overall :biglaugh:
Alexei Yemelin = round 3 #84 overall :biglaugh:

What are you some sort of paper tiger fan or something?

Ratings and what should happen has nothing to do with it. Going by your logic the Russians offense is far superior to the Finns, so if the Finns lit the states up for 5, what kind of damage should the Russians do? :sarcasm:

If draft position had anything to do with it than Kindl would be a better defenceman than Polak...

I'd say it's more than fair to favor the Russians in this game based on the performance of these teams throughout the tourny and also the fatigue factor.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Rush5Collapse5 said:
Hey now, Switzerland wasn't that bad this year. That coach pulled a "team Canada" out of his hat. Ask the Canadian's, they had trouble putting them away, but peved them off enough to fight us tooth and nail for a tie.

LMFAO the game was not close, the shots were incredibly one sided, the play was incredibly one sided. the score was a minimal indicator...canada let off hard in the 3rd and still outshot them huge.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
If USA doesnt play a whole lot better than yesterday this game wont even be close.
The Czechs deserved that win, they outplayed the states by a wide margin in the 2nd and 3rd periods as the states just hung on for the 1 goal win.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
If USA doesnt play a whole lot better than yesterday this game wont even be close.
The Czechs deserved that win, they outplayed the states by a wide margin in the 2nd and 3rd periods as the states just hung on for the 1 goal win.

You don't deserve to win if you're not good or hungry enough to score...

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
Rush5Collapse5 said:
So Pogge let in all of those goals on very few shots huh?

That's something to be proud of.

yep, **** happens, most of them were screened or tipped though, not easy saves, but Pogge wasn't too sharp that night. Thing is, that was one game, he's been much sharper the other games I've seen. Keep searching for something though. The americans were vastly overhyped coming into this thing, and they're showing it. This is the problem, the analyst just look at which teams have the most world junior experience and their draft picks and whatnot, but the thing is, the states experiences at the last world juniors was not all that good, so a team that wasn't good the previous year but with more experience may be better, but that doesn't make them great.

Complaining Customer

Aug 23, 2005
NightScout said:
I'm sure you mean "Canada for the bronze". And yes, you will have an impossible time beating them for it.

I'll admit I've been a little over-confident with that comment (I prefer posting it now than to eat crow later). I'll rephrase :

They're going to get killed AND will have a hard time beating Finland or Canada for the bronze.

Vic Rattlehead*

Wait, why was Rush5Collapse5 laughing at Yemelin? He has easily been one of the best defenceman in the tournament.

Daily Special

Oct 4, 2005
San Francisco
19bruins19 said:
Wait, why was Rush5Collapse5 laughing at Yemelin? He has easily been one of the best defenceman in the tournament.

Read where that originated. I wasn't laughing at their games in the WJC - Kaizer accused the US D of being "the Toews of defensemen". I was pointing out the Russian D draft positions to show him he didn't have a leg to stand on trying to smear the US D and that they more warranted the monicker "Toews of Defense".

espo*

Chinaski said:
Russians are better. You should start worrying right now.
oh,the Russians are ALWAYS better,all of us know that around here.You guys tell us every day.

Chinaski*

cyclops said:
oh,the Russians are ALWAYS better,all of us know that around here.You guys tell us every day.
Well, then just keep it in your head until your brain is alive. And never forget that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad