I started a Detroit sports blog

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
A good read, thanks. Billy Sims was just before my time, my older brothers and uncles still talk about him today - I enjoyed the clips, especially the karate kick, which I had heard about but never seen. Good stuff.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I got a blog up and running and would be humbled if you checked it out............The District – A sports blog by Brian Wallace

It would benefit greatly from someone proofreading it. It is decent-to-good content, but you need to have consistent formatting such as correct casing of letters and breaks between sentences.
The breakdown of the top 9 prospects has some good info if you aren't familiar with them... but the descriptions tend to run together.

As in your blog
1. Franklin Perez- he came in the Verlander deal. Nasty stuff 92-94 mph fastball and three above average pitches not to mention he’s electric on the mound.
2. Matt Manning- he’s big 6′ 6″ with a big time arm. Needs to develop his curve when he does he has ace stuff.
3. Beau Burrows- very good fastball 95 mph excellent command of the strike zone. With Perez and Manning it will push him to #3 starter. That is excellent pitching depth!!
4. Daz Cameron- above average hitter he’ll be around 15-20 home runs. He has great speed and glove CF problems for the Tigers will end when he’s called up.
5. Isaac Paredes- SS but given his thick fram and lack of speed seems better suited for 3B. But the kid can hit and not bad with a glove.
6. Alex Faedo- another big (6′ 5″) pitcher. Excellent command of the strike zone and throws a part curve part slider pitch that baffles hitters. A starter at the univerity of Florida he could be used in the bullpen or at closer.
7. Christian Stewart- power hitter not much for average though. Limited by below average speed and glove may push him to DH.
8. Kyle Funkhouser- solid backend of the rotation pitcher with three solid pitches. Needs to brush up on his control.
9. Jake Rogers- outstanding defensive catcher. Above average throwing arm. But can he hit? That’s not his strong suite.
The Tigers have some of the best young arms they’ve ever had at one time in the system. But they must be patient and develop them. It is critical to the future of the team. But I believe the Tigers will be back to competitive baseball in 3-5 years.

What I would expect

1. Franklin Perez - He came in the Verlander deal. Potentially electric pitcher who reaches 92-94 mph with wicked movement on his fastball in addition to two other plus pitches.
2. Matt Manning - He's big. (6'6") He's got a big arm (xx-xx fastball). Needs to refine his curve, but has the makings of an ace.
3. Beau Burrows - Another flamethrower (95 mph fastball) with excellent command of the strike zone. Has X about him that makes him a lesser prospect than Perez or Manning

And so on...

It really does help readability to have someone else glance over the work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->