I missed it?...Heshmatpour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
It's been said that his parents lied about his age, and that he's in fact much older than his legal age. What I'd like to know is where Heshmatpoor is playing or if he's playing at all.

Last edited:

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
It's been said that his parents lied about his age, and that he's in fact much older than his legal age. What I'd like to know is where Heshmatpoor is playing or if he's playing at all.

This issue finally came to a head last year in the OHL.

While he was still with the Rangers, the local Kitchener rag ran with this rumour, most credibly (although not competently) reported in Red Line Report. Heshmatpour's agent then sent his birth certificate and passport to the paper, upon which the columnist confirmed that Hesh's age was indeed 1987.

As a result, Red Line issued a half-assed retraction to the lame jokes they had previously made about this rumour.

Bottom line is that Hesh was always very big for his age; just like thousands of high school basketball and football players in the U.S. It was just unusual for hockey.

Now, a completely seperate issue is his eventual meltdown and complete abandonment of the game of hockey. I watched Hesh as he grew up in the Greater Toronto Hockey League, and no kid was more into the game than he was. So his "retirement" came as quite a shock.

Hammourabi

Apr 3, 2003
Visit site
Juan said:
...Heshmatpour's agent then sent his birth certificate and passport to the paper, upon which the columnist confirmed that Hesh's age was indeed 1987.

How dare people question his dedication to hockey. Working at it it for that long should be commended, not mocked.

:D

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Juan said:

While he was still with the Rangers, the local Kitchener rag ran with this rumour, most credibly (although not competently) reported in Red Line Report. Heshmatpour's agent then sent his birth certificate and passport to the paper, upon which the columnist confirmed that Hesh's age was indeed 1987.

As a result, Red Line issued a half-assed retraction to the lame jokes they had previously made about this rumour.

Bottom line is that Hesh was always very big for his age; just like thousands of high school basketball and football players in the U.S. It was just unusual for hockey.

Now, a completely seperate issue is his eventual meltdown and complete abandonment of the game of hockey. I watched Hesh as he grew up in the Greater Toronto Hockey League, and no kid was more into the game than he was. So his "retirement" came as quite a shock.

yeah but lots of HS football and BBall players in the states are older then most. Jimmy Clausen QB with Oaks Christian is 18 as a Junior in HS and will be or close to 20 by the time he is in College.

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
Juan said:

Actually no I don't think Red Line did retract what looks more and more to be the truth.

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
Vinland said:
Actually no I don't think Red Line did retract what looks more and more to be the truth.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/columnist/woodlief/2004-11-26-red-line-report_x.htm

Last month in this space, Red Line made a brief allusion to old rumors about the age of defenseman Devereaux Heshmatpour (then with Kitchener, since dealt to Oshawa) that was meant as nothing more than a humorous throw-away line.

Somehow, this created a firestorm among certain media types.

Let us make this crystal clear: Red Line has never leant any credence to those rumors, as evidenced by the fact that we have ranked Heshmatpour as a member of the 2005 NHL draft class every month for the past year (including right on page 1 of the last four issues), and have steadfastly listed him in our rankings as being born on February 15, 1987.

This type of wild rumor usually crops up at least once a season. Who knows how they get started, usually some spurned agent or rival parent: as for instance in 2003, when Andrei Kastitsyn and Konstantin Zakharu came out of Belarus and the rumors began circulating that they could not produce any birth certificates. Or when there were rumors in the late '90s about Rico Fata's true age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad