I love Jeff Frazee and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
superroyain10 said:
Because HF staff graded prospects differently. Kevin Wey for the Sharks gave prospects a "most likely" potential to reach, meaning that projects didn't get fair rankings while the Washington Capital's writer gave a maximum potential ranking for his players, making it look as if almost every prospect would make the NHL.

I think the capitals' prospect ratings are more realistic compared to 2/3rds of the ratings here on HF

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
King'sPawn said:
It gives a perceived depth of each position for the benefit of those who can't follow every prospect of every team. After all, just reading some summaries of prospects can get tedious/boring, plus some prospects have certain assets... but there's no way to compare them to prospects of similar assets.

But the only thing the gradings are doing is muddying the waters and causing conjecture from readers. I know what they're intended to do, but they're not doing it. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many complaints and so little stock put into them. I think prosepcts should get a specific projection as opposed to a generalized number and letter.

As far as reading three paragraphs being too boring and tedious for you, are you telling me that you'd rather look at a number in order to be informed about a prospect?

I mean really, it takes two minutes to read the player writeups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad