Confirmed with Link: I like you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Andrei Svechnikov, Jeff Skinner, Victor Rask and Warren Foegele for Nikita Kucherov, Matt Duchene & Boris Katchouk

@Murzu That is the one I still don’t like.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. Svechnikov might become 40+40 player in two seasons and would be on ELC. Kucherov will cost ~10-11M/year.

The way I personally see it is (value-wise):

Kucherov >= Svechnikov + Rask
Duchene >= Skinner
Katchouk = Foegele

My justification was that Kucherov is already a 40+60 player, top five players in the NHL in my opinion. At this point the key words with Svech are "might become". He might very well be "just" 30+35 sort of guy and that amount falls 25-35 points per season short of Kucherov then (assuming Kucherov is 90-100 point player in the future too).

I also didn't intend to keep Duchene at all. I wanted to flip him after UFA. I've seen hundreds of games by him and he isn't a real 1C to me, hasn't been for years. He is very low end 1C/ elite 2C / 1RW. If I would had gotten Tavares (offered up to 13M x 7 yrs, wasn't enough), I would had flipped Duchene for pure futures to make sure ELC players keep streaming to the lineup in the future.

I might be biased but I feel like that team is honestly one of the most legit Stanley Cup contenders :laugh:

Last edited:

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
FBB50A07-3137-4B65-9E90-2966F01581F8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad