I let in 16 goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
My team lost 16-0 in our first playoff game and we are done. Our real goalie didn't show up and I was the only one willing to strap the pads on (never ever played in net before). We probably would have lost anyways, so no one on the team was too upset and its only intramural hockey. It was hilarious, and I learned that I'm a much better defenseman than goaltender. However, I now have a new respect for goalies. It is a completely different game than playing as a skater. Hey goalies, you rule. :yo:

Last edited:

BraveSirRobin

Ducks offseason
Feb 5, 2006
Yucaipa, CA
Goalies will, at least once in there career, sometimes more, have those really lopsided games where they can't seem to stop anything. Me, I've had more than my share of those games. At least now you can say you've been a goalie. :D

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
I usually play out, whether it be forward or defense, but every once in a while I'll strap on the pads and play drop in, or even play in a league game. Partly because its fun, and partly to remember how tough it is to play goalie. Thats why I never let my goalie have it after a bad game.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
I had a playoff game on sunday, however, our all star goalie got super sick the night before, so I had take his place. Everyone thought we would lose without him. As it turns out, we won 6-2. Funny thing is, I used to play goalie up until 2 years ago. I switched to forward because i started to suck at goalie. I thought it was funny and ironic that I played pretty well and only allowed 2 goals.

Nas_Bert_Morr*

DaveyCrockett said:
My team lost 16-0 in our first playoff game and we are done. Our real goalie didn't show up and I was the only one willing to strap the pads on (never ever played in net before). We probably would have lost anyways, so no one on the team was too upset and its only intramural hockey. It was hilarious, and I learned that I'm a much better defenseman than goaltender. However, I now have a new respect for goalies. It is a completely different game than playing as a skater. Hey goalies, you rule. :yo:

You don't happen to play for the Italian women's team, do you??

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
DaveyCrockett said:

LOL. Yeah, I strapped the pads on the other night due to only 1 goalies showing up and I think I let in about the same. But I have a feeling that you probably faced more than 17 shots. But that one save was a beauty!

Magnus Fulgur

Nov 27, 2002
DaveyCrockett said:

As a former (rehabed?) tender, I raise my glass to you!

RPIBruin

Nov 9, 2005
Shrewsbury
Go you go! I remember the time I was sick before our intramural game at school they pulled sticks for who was gonna replace me. The final score was 23-4. So don't feel bad it happens to everyone their first time. But the best part was the fact my "backup" ran over to me afterwards and appologized for yelling at me in the past (he's a Dman). Those crazy Dmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->