I have seen the future, and his name is AO

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
Phil333 said:
I don't think he is the best player yet. The way Jagr has taken the Rangers to the top (and yes I am biased) leads me to believe he is the best, even if Ovechkin has more speed. But I believe Ovechkin is easily top 5 and well on his way to becoming the future of the NHL and the best player in the world.

Gotta agree that the best player at this moment is Jagr. However AO isn't far behind.

Jagr
Forsberg
AO
Sidney Crosby

Goldark

Jun 5, 2002
Ann Arbor
www.
AgentNaslund said:
ive seen the future too, and its Sidney Crosby. Hes ahead of Ovechkin at the same age, and i see him ahead of him in the future.

It didn't take long for the hijack, did it? There's a thread in the main NHL forum for this.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
Jonjmc said:
Who is leading the nhl in shots? ao.... 283... thats shots on goal, not the wild misses from flinging it toward the net. Shooting percentage.. 12.7
Hah hah hah hah hah - this is the WORST argument I have ever heard on these boards. And that's saying something. Dude, switch to basketball if you care about shooting percentage.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
TheChief said:
Gotta agree that the best player at this moment is Jagr. However AO isn't far behind.

Jagr
Forsberg
AO
Sidney Crosby
I think Alex & Sidney are a lot closer then that. Jagr is the best right now. Forsberg is still the greatest when he is healthy, but AO is creeping up on him - I see AO as the future Forsberg of the league.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Bobby Orr's Knees said:
Hah hah hah hah hah - this is the WORST argument I have ever heard on these boards. And that's saying something. Dude, switch to basketball if you care about shooting percentage.

Particularly considering Ovechkin's age. Just wait until he learns to aim a little bette :eek:

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
I love AO, he's one of my favorite players in the league this year so far, and I'm a Canes fan. I just hope his team doesn't do well against us.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
He really looked like the best player on the ice in the QF. He was flying on every shift, as opposed to the Canadians who looked like they were skating through cream of wheat.

MassiveHabs

Jan 10, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Not gonna debate the fact that he does have amazing skills, but does that mean that I and many others must like him, no. Didn't like him today, didnt like him before today and sure as hell am not gonna like him in the future...Ahhhh the beauty of opinions....

Que somebody saying that hockey isnt for me...

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
MassiveHabs said:
Not gonna debate the fact that he does have amazing skills, but does that mean that I and many others must like him, no. Didn't like him today, didnt like him before today and sure as hell am not gonna like him in the future...Ahhhh the beauty of opinions....

Is there a statement somewhere in this thread that says you have to like Ovechkin? No. If you don't agree with people praising him, that's ok.

Granted, I have a lot more respect for opinions that are based on more then "didn't like him. didn't like him ... and sure as hell am not gonna like him." It's hard to take you seriously when you tell us that regardless of anything the player does in the future, are still going to dislike him. Is there something so unredeemable about him that you are intent on hating him forever? I don't feel like that about anyone, not even Bertuzzi or Ribeiro. :dunno:

Goldark

Jun 5, 2002
Ann Arbor
www.
Bobby Orr's Knees said:
Is there a statement somewhere in this thread that says you have to like Ovechkin? No. If you don't agree with people praising him, that's ok.

Granted, I have a lot more respect for opinions that are based on more then "didn't like him. didn't like him ... and sure as hell am not gonna like him." It's hard to take you seriously when you tell us that regardless of anything the player does in the future, are still going to dislike him. Is there something so unredeemable about him that you are intent on hating him forever? I don't feel like that about anyone, not even Bertuzzi or Ribeiro. :dunno:

He's from Pennsylvania... presumably a Pittsburgh fan/Crosby lover/Ovechkin hater. Reason enough to hate a player, no? :sarcasm:

Goldark

Jun 5, 2002
Ann Arbor
www.
MassiveHabs said:

You mean "cue?"

Goldark

Jun 5, 2002
Ann Arbor
www.
UnderratedBrooks44 said:
It's nice to know that people have found another place to have an AO love fest because that AO/SC thread just wasn't noticeable enough!

Wouldn't be an AO lovefest without Crosbyites (like you) to come spoil the party ;)

CUBErt

Feb 13, 2006
Finland
UnderratedBrooks44 said:
It's nice to know that people have found another place to have an AO love fest because that AO/SC thread just wasn't noticeable enough!
It's nice to know you see it as a problem. Why don't you go over to the Caps board next, I hear there's a few Ovechkin threads over there as well. And possibly in other dicussion areas as well, it's hard to keep up these days with so many people preferring AO to Crosby.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
CUBErt said:
It's nice to know you see it as a problem. Why don't you go over to the Caps board next, I hear there's a few Ovechkin threads over there as well. And possibly in other dicussion areas as well, it's hard to keep up these days with so many people preferring AO to Crosby.

You can call it trolling if you want I guess, but I'm just amused at how you guys never get tired of saying the same things over and over about a guy that will never win a scoring title :sarcasm:

And believe me, I'm not intimidated by the fact that a bunch of message board junkies prefer AO to Crosby (this is where you paste a link to the Hockey News poll right?).

Goldark

Jun 5, 2002
Ann Arbor
www.
UnderratedBrooks44 said:
You can call it trolling if you want I guess, but I'm just amused at how you guys never get tired of saying the same things over and over about a guy that will never win a scoring title :sarcasm:

Amused? Jealous is more likely the word; jealous that people aren't gushing over your boy Crosby.

What else would explain you posting in a thread like this?

At least you got the trolling part down correctly ;)

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Goldark said:
Amused? Jealous is more likely the word; jealous that people aren't gushing over your boy Crosby.

What else would explain you posting in a thread like this?

At least you got the trolling part down correctly ;)

The whole idea that you think I'd be JEALOUS over a bunch of message board heads with blind loyalty to one player over another is what amuses me. Clearer now?

By the way, AO is four points ahead of Crosby so he MUST be better! (This is where you tell me how many games at hand he has).

Goldark

Jun 5, 2002
Ann Arbor
www.
UnderratedBrooks44 said:
The whole idea that you think I'd be JEALOUS over a bunch of message board heads with blind loyalty to one player over another is what amuses me. Clearer now?

I agree: jealousy over an internet message board is borderline Pejorative Slured, so why are you jealous again? Admission is the first step towards recovery. Still in denial, I see.

UnderratedBrooks44 said:
By the way, AO is four points ahead of Crosby so he MUST be better! (This is where you tell me how many games at hand he has).

Not sure where you got this from, no one in this thread has mentioned the fact that Ovechkin has 4 more points or has games in hand. You're delusional: get help. :help:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Perhaps we should add more threads, how about "Praises for Crosby only " and a "Praises for Ovy only" threads

CUBErt

Feb 13, 2006
Finland
UnderratedBrooks44 said:

And believe me, I'm not intimidated by the fact that a bunch of message board junkies prefer AO to Crosby (this is where you paste a link to the Hockey News poll right?).
I wasn't going to paste a link anywhere. Just thought it's a little strange how you try to elevate yourself above the Ovechkin/Crosby stuff when anyone who reads the official Ovechkin/Crosby thread can see that you're one of its more active posters. I guess in your book arguing the same crap over and over beats singing the same praise over and over. Two years younger! 2, I tell ya!!!

I really can't understand why it would bother you that people love to watch AO play. Newsflash: You don't need to read about it! Btw, there's a Crosby thread right next to this one, why don't you go complain about that one as well? Yeah, didn't think you would.

And intimidated? Why in the world should you be intimidated over people thinking that Ovechkin is better? Man, it really must be eating you Crosby fans alive that AO has taken over the show that was supposed to be about your boy and his cup run.. Sorry? :dunno:

CUBErt

Feb 13, 2006
Finland
UnderratedBrooks44 said:
What does this have to do with anything? Just in case you've gotten lost, we're on the o-l-y-m-p-i-c hockey board. Adding stuff concerning the olympics to the Ovechkin/Crosby thread wouldn't be very fair now would it? Seeing as Sidney wasn't good enou... uh, the Canadian team (that lost to Russia) was so unbelievably tough to get on.

So to make things real simple: This is where the lovefest concerning Ovechkins play at the olympics takes place. Still problematic to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->