I Have A Question About Jared Staal....

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
For the original poster. Jared Staal at 16 is the definitely the least advanced of the four Staal brothers. Whoever said he was the most talented was either wrong, or in the case of the dad, misquoted.

It's a shame that this thread, which started out with a simple question, has gone downhill so quickly, but since it has, I'd love to join in the fun.

And to add insult to injury, Jared's definitely the ugliest of the four.

I commented on Jared's looks, and if you're talking about getting laid by the ditch pigs I see hanging around on the sidewalk outside Sudbury Arena, then you're definitely correct.

Jesus H. Christ... settle down, it was a joke. I played in the OHL, and chirping other players about their perceived ugliness is a time-honoured tradition.

I disagree. This, my friends, is ugly.

http://www.nhlpa.com/Agents/Agent.asp?AgentId=8985

A time-honoured tradition, indeed ...

Zetterberg4Captain*

Sorry, can't say. It would reveal my highly-placed but confidential sources which I cite on this and other forums from time to time.

TRANSLATION: You never came close to even playing Junior Hockey.

Alison

Sep 7, 2005
sudbury
speaking as not a big fan of the wolves, the only thing i'm grateful from the wolves is brett parnham who we got last year at the deadline from Sudbury here in Oshawa.....Brett was in a similar situation as Jared he was a 1st round pick riding the pine because Foligno doesn't play rookies. Look at his stats from 05-06: he had 4 goals and no assists in 31 games. After christmas he asked to leave for more icetime, which I believe if Jared's brother wasn't on the team he could have asked for a trade and probably gotten it and had icetime elsewhere. Lets look at Parnhams second year; he had 48 points this season. And from what I've seen Jared possess more tools than Brett does and more size. Most players don't have that good OHL season until their second or third year unless your an exceptional talent. People fail to realize Jordan Staal went something like 20 games before he scored his first OHL goal and only had 28 points in his rookie season which is modest. Lighten up on the kid he's young and gets all this attention because of his last name. I hope he proves people here wrong, its pretty big to laugh and rip into a 16 year old on the internet

Oh I know your a Wolves fan in disguise. I can always tell :naughty: :D

CDNHockeyFan81

Apr 9, 2007
Ottawa
Jesus H. Christ... settle down, it was a joke. I played in the OHL, and chirping other players about their perceived ugliness is a time-honoured tradition.

Leave those traditions for the ice. We are here to discuss the hockey playing ability of a 16 year old.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Is he the most talented Staal? Absolutely not.
Will he be a superstar in the NHL? No.
Is there hope he will be an NHL player? Of course.
Will he get better? Of course.
Will we know more after next season? Of course.

It's not hard to see that Jared isn't at the same level his brothers are at. He has never, ever produced like they did. He was an average player in AAA minor midget last year - which is his own age group. Anyone who can't either dominate their own age group, or be an above average player in a higher age group, isn't ever going to be a star.

Having said that, he has size and bloodlines. He was given that benefit in the OHL draft as he was drafted waaay higher than he would have been if he was named Johnson. So he will be given every opportunity to succeed, and sometimes that is all a player needs.

He will never be an offensive force, or a star player in any capacity, but it's not out of the question to envision him becoming an NHL player in some role. Personally I don't expect it, but it is certainly possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->