I Have A Question About Jared Staal....

inthehammer

Jul 20, 2005
Hamilton
I saw him playing AAA midget last year here in Manitoba, and was only unimpressed with his skating. He has the size, and if he puts on some weight I could see him developing into a solid checker. He had a pretty decent shot from what I saw. I can't compair him to the rest of the Stalls, for he's the only one I've seen live.

HickoryDickoryDock

Jun 13, 2005
Canada
The reason he got so few points in Sudbury is because he barely played. He's been given more ice timein the playoffs and is doing just fine. Didn't you know that it's Sudbury tradition to pick a player in the first round, then reduce his ice time to the point that he asks for a trade? Let's see if he makes it a hat trick after McDonough and Parnham.

He's a decent player and I think he will blossom under a coach who allows him to.

And like a few others have said it was Jordan who was considered the best of the bunch, although personally, I'll take Marc.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Someone made a comment several years ago along the lines of "Jared could be the best of the four of them" basically to pump the kid's tires, but he clearly hasn't developed as anyone thought he would.

I thought the confusion started when they wrote that the younger staal brother was the better but was referring to Jordan Staal and not Jared!!!

Like the guy who wrote the article made a mistake between Jordan and Jared!

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I saw him playing AAA midget last year here in Manitoba, and was only unimpressed with his skating. He has the size, and if he puts on some weight I could see him developing into a solid checker. He had a pretty decent shot from what I saw. I can't compair him to the rest of the Stalls, for he's the only one I've seen live.

It's STAAL.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I have no problem with the kid. I'm just amazed how long it's taking this notion of him being the best of the bunch to end. It's been years and years now yet there doesn't appear to be an end in sight. I suspect ten years from now we'll be having people come on here asking 'Hey, I heard there was a fourth Staal brother who was supposed to be the best. What happend?'

How about this question. If he were worth the ice time wouldn't he be getting it?

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
yes it was a misquote, jordan is suppose to be the best one NOT jared

and for what its worth when you only play 3 minutes a night or don't see the ice at all you won't score any points.....he'll see more ice next year

Foligno doesn't like to play young guys much. We'll see if Jared can somehow get himself a regular shift next year. I'm interested in seeing what he can do.

On the topic of Staal's, here is Marc destroying a guy last week in the playoffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwZTwBg1OTA

Last edited:

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
I find it amusing that the posters making fun of the Staal's appearance (be it Jared, Jordan, Marc or Eric) will never get laid half as much as these talented and famous hockey players will

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I find it amusing that the posters making fun of the Staal's appearance (be it Jared, Jordan, Marc or Eric) will never get laid half as much as these talented and famous hockey players will

Well, as a guy who is currently in a 3 and a half year relationship..and has lived with his girlfriend for almost 2 years..I don't take that comment too seriously.

They definately have the edge on me for how many girls they'll get with.

But i'll be just fine ;)

ilovehockey

Jan 1, 2007
One of the CBC guys said that Jared could be the best, he said this after he was interviewing Jordan and Eric at the all star game. He will proboly get drafted next year just because of his name, not very often forwards in their draft year with lets say 30 points get drafted unless their enforcers.

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
i heard their long lost brother gunner stahl is the best... he moved to iceland when he was really young and the people who kidnapped him changed his last name... from what i hear he has a mean shot, but always goes glove hand side.. he almost singlehandedly won the junior pan-am games hockey tournament for iceland in their games versus the US... then he moved back to north america to play goaltender for the varisty eden hall ducks, and changed his name to scooter

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I went to a few Wolves games this year. In the beggining of the season Jared was really slow, his skating was absolutly brutal. I can remember one shift too he came out and was onf or about five seconds, got cranked, and then just went off. To be honest I don't think Foligno plays him very much. He's still fairly young, he was a rookie this year. Now in the playoffs I've noticed his skating has come a long way and he has improved. He even scored a game winner earlier in the playoffs (I didn't see it). He's got good size and if he continues to improve his skating it should be good for him. Look for him next year to have a bigger role with the Wolves.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
One of the CBC guys said that Jared could be the best, he said this after he was interviewing Jordan and Eric at the all star game. He will proboly get drafted next year just because of his name, not very often forwards in their draft year with lets say 30 points get drafted unless their enforcers.

That was some women who was interviewing them and I haven't seen her on there since. I couldn't believe she said that and you could also see Jordan and Eric just roll their eyes.

Surprising that people can bash Jared's play. I know you haven't seen him play. Nobody really has.

Lets wait till he grows into his body. Once he grows into his body and matures he'll be alright. And I can tell you, if you never seen him play before and watched a Wolves game, you can pick Jared out in a sec - he's a spitting image of a Staal, he's got the body and everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad