I Have A Question About Jared Staal....

lehtonen06

Sep 4, 2006
i dont know much if not anything about this kid but all i keep hearing is that he is supposed to be the best of all 4 staal brothers, i think that jordan is an incredible player as well as eric, i havent seen much from marc but from what they say during ranger games is that he is developing nicely

my question is how good is jared?? is he better than his brothers??

also does anyone have any video clips of him playing ?

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Jared Staal is not the best of the brothers. He is by faaaar the least talented. He had three points this year. 3.

There has to be an announcement made somewhere about this because this whole notion just will not die off. Sticky a thread that says "Jared Staal is not the most talented Staal brother. He is the least talented."

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

he had .048 ppg this year... thats .... that's ...

HORRIBLE.

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
Someone made a comment several years ago along the lines of "Jared could be the best of the four of them" basically to pump the kid's tires, but he clearly hasn't developed as anyone thought he would.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
the kid probably has tons of pressure on himself too.

He most likely doesn't want to be...the brother that never made the NHL while his 3 brothers did...

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
Someone made a comment several years ago along the lines of "Jared could be the best of the four of them" basically to pump the kid's tires, but he clearly hasn't developed as anyone thought he would.

I seem to recall hearing that whoever made that comment (I think it was Eric) was actually talking about Jordan and somehow it got written down as Jared. If that's true then it makes some sense, because Jordan has a real good shot at being the best of the bunch.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site

He most likely doesn't want to be...the brother that never made the NHL while his 3 brothers did...

forget make the NHL, Eric and Jordan are already stars and Marc's abilities are well known. There's a good chance that the Staal family, in the end, will have produced three perenial all-stars. nuts.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
He was also playing with his brother Marc this year. There must be a lot of pressure on him, like Habsfan18 said. I say, let him the time, I'm sure he will have bigger role in the next years.

Maybe he is not ripping the scoreboard, but maybe he has another role too. He will probably never become an All-Star if he don't rack points, but he could be a good role players. We never know what will happen.

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
Your mom is calling you in the kitchen, your chocolate milk is ready.

If his name was Sam Jones he'd go undrafted. Simple as.
:biglaugh:

nah, not in the first round mind you.

However I would love to see this board if he should somehow torch the OHL next year.

Ferjo

Sep 28, 2004
why do i get the feeling none of the people that say "he's horrible" have even seen him play.

For what he is, he is a solid prospect. comparing him to his brothers is dumb. He is very responsible defensively, and very solid in just about every other area. with ice time, he should be a 30-40 point player next year, and should be a solid third or fourth round selection. he's nothing special, but to say hes terrible is laughable.

he would have been better off playing junior a. this year and coming in to the O next season, but what can you do.

NewtJorden

Unitas est Invicta
Aug 9, 2006
Rimouski

I agree. People look at his name and think abour Eric, Jordan and Marc. Must be really hard.

benji

Took too much, man.
Dec 8, 2002
Too much.
yo
Wasn't it Jordan who was considered to be the best talent? I thought that was the case, and most people just confused him with Jared and it snowballed from there. I may be wrong, but that's what I thought the situation was. It makes much more sense that way as well.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
we had this discussion a feaw months ago. jared got confused with jordan somewhere along the way.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Aug 12, 2006
Wasn't it Jordan who was considered to be the best talent? I thought that was the case, and most people just confused him with Jared and it snowballed from there. I may be wrong, but that's what I thought the situation was. It makes much more sense that way as well.

yes it was a misquote, jordan is suppose to be the best one NOT jared

and for what its worth when you only play 3 minutes a night or don't see the ice at all you won't score any points.....he'll see more ice next year

Alison

Sep 7, 2005
sudbury
Wow some people have no clue. Jared was lucky if he saw two shifts a game. I think three points is pretty darn good for someone who never saw the ice. Oh and he scored the Wolves overtime goal to tie the series with Belleville, the series that eventually lead to the Wolves winning the East. SO Jared has done something heroic for this team post-season and I will always remember that. For all you who think he will amount to nothing how about we re-visit this topic in a year after he sees a season of regualar shifts.
His skating has improved 100% and he works well with the puck, he will be a successfull OHL'er.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I guess we'll see next season, when he finally gets regular playing time. And clearly he'll get it... maybe it was a stretch to invest a 1st rounder in him, but he'll get the chance to live up to it. As has been mentioned, if he does pick up 30-40 pts and basically show the same tantalizing physical traits that, say, Jordan did in his draft year... (and let's not forget, there were a lot of naysayers on Jordan too who thought his production didn't live up to his hype and that he didn't seem to be all that polished or noticeable in game play, hence some claimed that his draft projections were as much bloodline-hype as anything)... well, so long as Jared shows some/any of that same physical potential... he'll get drafted. Turning the corner in a spectacularly short period of time seems to be a genetic trait there, so the dice will be rolled on Jared at some point in the draft, almost regardless of what he does on the ice.

Clearly he's not considered *currently* as a threat to challenge any of his brothers for family supremacy, but I guess we'll have to wait at least one more year to see if that expectation holds true or not.

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
I seem to recall hearing that whoever made that comment (I think it was Eric) was actually talking about Jordan and somehow it got written down as Jared. If that's true then it makes some sense, because Jordan has a real good shot at being the best of the bunch.

It was daddy Staal talking about a year ago about the upcoming draft. He said allegedly "Jared" instead of "Jordan" being the most talented of the four, I believe. It may have been confusion about which draft was being talked about, Jordan eligable for the NHL draft and Jared being eligable for the OHL draft. I don't remember the exact details but I believe it was something along those lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->