I don't want to beat a dead horse, but is there any news on CBA availablility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It's now mid-November. The CBA was signed on July 22. It'll be 4 months to the day next week Tuesday.

Does anyone know where the heck the public release of the new CBA is? By now it has to have been combed over, nitpicked, finalized, and have a final copy sitting on the desk of every team's president across the league. The NHLPA.com's note that the CBA will be "available shortly" worked until September, but not after 1/4 of a year. I really want to read the blasted thing, and it's beginning to grate on my nerves that we can't yet.

Does anyone know anything yet, or are we still in the dark?

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
askme
A NC newspaper covered it a few weeks ago, it's not online yet because it hasn't been completely ratified.
Their still negotiating over a few small lesser details apparently.

I remember reading something on ESPN's site about legal details with respect to waivers still being unfinished as well.... can't find the article in the archives now though.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Rand said:
A NC newspaper covered it a few weeks ago, it's not online yet because it hasn't been completely ratified.
Their still negotiating over a few small lesser details apparently.

I remember reading something on ESPN's site about legal details with respect to waivers still being unfinished as well.... can't find the article in the archives now though.

That's part of it.

The NHL has also given a copy to Wetcoaster, to make certain there aren't any loopholes Bettman et. al. may have missed.

It's taking some time.

Narg

Dec 5, 2004
Timmy said:
That's part of it.

The NHL has also given a copy to Wetcoaster, to make certain there aren't any loopholes Bettman et. al. may have missed.

It's taking some time.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Transported Upstater

Timmy said:
That's part of it.

It's taking some time.

I seriously nominate you for "HF Poster of the Month"

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
TransportedUpstater said:
I seriously nominate you for "HF Poster of the Month"

Pretty typical of a North American nominating a Canadian for poster of the month, when there's been just as many quality European posters last month as well. What are you going by, post count? Quality of posts? Post-time, plus/minus derogatory replies, smilies, what?

List five areas that Belgian Fan isn't better than any North American poster, if you can put aside your clear biases for a minute.

Europeans have more style, they have more talent, they show more offensive skills, and they clearly bring something to the boards that would be sorely missed if lured away by European boards, so count your blessings that they post here.

I'd like to see a European win POTM, just to blow away some of the hype surrounding some posters just because they're Canadian. It'll never happen, of course, because so many posters here are North American, and they think of European posters as soft, glasses-wearing posters who don't really appreciate the North American style of posting, and are just in it for the money. And that's just wrong.

Besides, Belgian Fan has better post poise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad