I don't like Canada Roster too much:

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I am just not a fan of this team at all...I think we should have had a few different players there:

Cogliano - Latendresse - Boyd
Pouliot - Bolland - O'Marra
Toews - Bertram - Comeau
Downie - Pyatt - Chipchura

Bourdon - Parent
Barker - Pokulok
Staal - Letang

Dubnyk
Pogge

I do think Cogliano will be the leading scorer for Canada, this guys speed and shooting ability is the best on Canada.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
august said:
This team is built for next year.

I expect the team to be as good as it was in 2004.
Canada does not build team's for next year. They take the best team available. If it's as good as it was in 2004 they have a great chance to win gold. If Fleury doesn't collaspe in the third they would have won gold.

One thing that worries me is that the Russians and the Americans, both have strong lineups.

I don't know why people don't like this lineup. They have a good group of forwards and the best defence in the tournament. Pogge is playing excellent. They also have ten first round picks on this team.

mooseOAK*

Canada's lineup wasn't going to be great even with the players that some people believe should be on the team instead , I think that a lot of people knew that going in.

richardn

Mar 6, 2004
Sault Ste. Marie
scoutman1 said:
I am just not a fan of this team at all...I think we should have had a few different players there:

Toews - Bertram - Comeau

Bourdon - Parent
Barker - Pokulok
Staal - Letang

Dubnyk
Pogge

I do think Cogliano will be the leading scorer for Canada, this guys speed and shooting ability is the best on Canada.

Just curious but why do you have Pogge listed as the backup.

whitesox_2000_22*

I think it is a solid Lineup, but i think they are doing both things(trying to win and get ready for next year). Defence looks amazing, Pogge has just been hot, only problem i could see is scoring but if we can get that then we should be in the final game unless something goes ridiculously wrong....i Cant wait to see USA self destruct once again...did they not learn last year about too many egos??? GO CANADA!!!

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
scoutman1 said:
Toews - Bertram - Comeau

[...]

Dubnyk
Pogge

Weird line-up for sure. Latendresse at center with Cogliano, his linemate, being a natural center is kind of strange, although Guillaume did play at center at the Ottawa rookie tournament in August. O'Marra on the second line? He's expected to be the 13th forward. Chipchura on the fourth line? As the team's captain, I truly hope he will play a bigger role than just being a grinder on the energy line. Dubnyk as the starter? That's the biggest joke of them all.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
whitesox_2000_22 said:
I think it is a solid Lineup, but i think they are doing both things(trying to win and get ready for next year). Defence looks amazing, Pogge has just been hot, only problem i could see is scoring but if we can get that then we should be in the final game unless something goes ridiculously wrong....i Cant wait to see USA self destruct once again...did they not learn last year about too many egos??? GO CANADA!!!

Unfortunately for you Walt Kyle's the coach of the U.S. team.

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
The Caps fan in me would have liked to see Schultz paired with Pokulok. But at least one of them made the team

whitesox_2000_22*

Rabid Ranger said:
Unfortunately for you Walt Kyle's the coach of the U.S. team.

Wishful thikning i guess...They should win as long as Walt can keep them in check..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->