Pre-Game Talk: I don't believe Boston is concerned with the stretch pass only....

ObscureAlien

May 1, 2016
Yes, he's very good.

But "best 2-way" means best overall C.

Now who would you rather have over the past generation- Crosby or Bergeron?

If you're a rational person, you'd have answered Crosby, so how could Bergeron be the best?

There are a number of superior C's during Bergeron's generation. Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Kopitar, Datsyuk immediately come to mind. You can also make arguments for guys like Giroux, Tavares, Getzlaf, Jumbo Joe, Zetterberg, Sedin, etc.

While I agree with your argument that best two way C means best overall C
imo Bergeron is easily > toews, Tavares, zetty, and sedin. Crosby, malkin, Thornton are better when looking at their entire careers, and the rest are arguable. Regardless of how you rank these players (and everyone will have a different ranking) he is still right up there.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Monday was the blueprint. Move the puck, skate, and fight on the walls. 34 will put himself in position to score. This is where a guy like Hyman earns his keep. Have to cause chaos down low, and get pucks to the slot where Auston can cash in.

The Bergeron line will be on fire to start. Gotta get a few shifts under our belt where we neutralize them, and frustrate them. Be physical on Pasternak and Bergeron. Get in their heads, and let Matthews' and JVR's lines get to work.

I have a great feeling. Let's go back to Beantown with a fight on our hands!

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Freddie was outstanding in the 3rd period but don’t you think the 2 he let in were also soft? So wouldn’t say he stole it for us.

Boston were chasing the 3rd game as they wern’t ahead once.

Those great saves were make-up saves for the 2 smelly ones.

Really, flying the zone wasn't a problem in the first two games, having no coverage or penalty kill was.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Pressure their D
Our D needs to pinch to keep the pressure on
Hope Hainsey and Polak don't do anything stupid
Reilly needs to be Game 3 Reilly
Hopefully keep off the PK

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Interesting to see the in-game adjustments today. Boston's F3, in particular - probably pretty high in the zone to counter the stretch pass

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Interesting to see the in-game adjustments today. Boston's F3, in particular - probably pretty high in the zone to counter the stretch pass

I expect Boston to come out strong. The key going to be our depth. Hopefully Matthews has lifted monkey of his back.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I wonder if they liked our 4th goal. Krejci tried to be selfish and cheats for offense against 3 Leafs at the blue line instead of dumping it in, gets turned over, Marner makes a great pass to Marleau and it’s in the net.

Or the third goal where the Matthews line dominated them for like a full minute before finally converting.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I expect Boston to come out strong. The key going to be our depth. Hopefully Matthews has lifted monkey of his back.

Same. A nice early goal would be huge, but giving one up early will really be uncomfortable.

It was a nervous, tense building on Monday night. It's going to be so much worse tonight

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Yup...for some reason....this series has me physically angry.

Welcome to playoff hockey. Sensibilities & emotions are all over the place.

I don't think it helps that the Bruins board seems to have their few bad apples out in full swing. Add that to the Marchand factor, and C'est la vie.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Welcome to playoff hockey. Sensibilities & emotions are all over the place.

I don't think it helps that the Bruins board seems to have their few bad apples out in full swing. Add that to the Marchand factor, and C'est la vie.
Oh it's not anger out of hatred....i love every bit of it!!

Reactions: Tak7

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Same. A nice early goal would be huge, but giving one up early will really be uncomfortable.

It was a nervous, tense building on Monday night. It's going to be so much worse tonight
Really regretting not going tonight now.
Agreed, first goal is huge.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Matthews and Marner are equally viewed as the franchise players now. We need both going at the same time now. Matthews actually could use a up tick in his game more so than Marner but we need both going strong to come back fully and win this.

Not trying to minimize the great play of any of our others either. If willy starts to get his game elevated as well we can do tjis.

Win this baby and then we will look at it game by game in a 3 game series. Good luck leaf nation.

I view us as a cup contender still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->