I didn’t see much white gear at the jets Gear store

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I was hoping to pick up some white gear.

I bought a white practice Jersey to wear to the white out in 2015. The road Jerseys weren't white enought for my liking. Of course now with the Adidas branding I'm not even sure if they sell practice jerseys and they don't seem quite as white as the old reebok ones.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ya i had a regular away jersey for the white outs but bought a heritage jersey as well , just love the Heritage jersey . Wish we would wear it as a 3rd jersey .

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Ya i had a regular away jersey for the white outs but bought a heritage jersey as well , just love the Heritage jersey . Wish we would wear it as a 3rd jersey .

Why would we wear a third jersey on the road?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
No i meant wear the heritage jersey at home , let the other team wear darks . Works better for the white outs if the Jets are in white .

I would love it if the home team wore white. I've been saying it for years

The Jets don't have the option to just tell the other team to wear dark jerseys. They can make a request to do so through the NHL. I doubt wanting to wear a white third jersey would be good enough reason.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Sheesh - why do people keep jinxing us like this? First Down Goes Brown has the "ideal" playoffs having the Jets beat the Penguins for the Cup, and now you guys are nattering about what to wear at playoff games.

Down Goes Brown: Imagining the ideal 2017–18 NHL playoffs - Sportsnet.ca

Jets won't sell white merchandise until they're guaranteed a playoff spot.

According to McCurdy's model if we fail to get a point in the remaining 13 games we still have a 12% chance of making it. Get 4 points in the last 13 games and it rises to 97%

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Well most teams would provide a free shirt for the white out. My guess is the Jets cheap out and don't do this again

Reactions: FFHockey

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Can't, 3rd jerseys are not allowed with the exception of outdoor games. Not sure if it's just a 1 year deal for the new contract or longer.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Well most teams would provide a free shirt for the white out. My guess is the Jets cheap out and don't do this again

I don’t think they will provide shirts either nor do I think they should. Unlike other fan bases this one doesn’t need that.

They did however provide white out souvenirs so your cheap out argument is weak

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
It's too bad that there is so much blue on the shoulders and arms of the current white and Heritage Classic uniforms, as it dulls the visual effect of the crowd during whiteouts.

dvst8r

Aug 18, 2011
I picked this up at the Polo Jets Gear a couple of months ago.

GdnOwgGdKdlW12oD2

Rerb1985

Mar 19, 2015
I would love it if the home team wore white. I've been saying it for years

The Jets don't have the option to just tell the other team to wear dark jerseys. They can make a request to do so through the NHL. I doubt wanting to wear a white third jersey would be good enough reason.

Name a better reason to submit a request to wear white

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->