Pre-Game Talk: "I choo choo choose you." Wiggum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reilly13

Dec 2, 2011
One for one? Yak gets you maybe a 5th right now

I completely disagree with HF value on this player (like I do with HFBoards value on most players). He is on a cheap contract and could use a change of scenery and i'm sure there is a team out there that is willing to give value in return. He's not even close to worth Trouba but I think people suggesting he will get zilch in return are completely off base based on what other reclamation projects who were struggling just as much if not more than Yak have returned.

Brett Connolly last season returned 2 2nds and I would think Yakupov would at the very least return something similar. It only takes one GM and IMO there is no chance he is only "maybe worth a 5th".

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I completely disagree with HF value on this player (like I do with HFBoards value on most players). He is on a cheap contract and could use a change of scenery and i'm sure there is a team out there that is willing to give value in return. He's not even close to worth Trouba but I think people suggesting he will get zilch in return are completely off base based on what other reclamation projects who were struggling just as much if not more than Yak have returned.

Brett Connolly last season returned 2 2nds and I would think Yakupov would at the very least return something similar. It only takes one GM.

HF evaluation on ANY player is way off from real life.:laugh:

mosey on over to the free agent/trade thread and have a peak on the nonsense that gets posted.

HF is bizarro world when it comes to player evaluation.

Reilly13

Dec 2, 2011

mosey on over to the free agent/trade thread and have a peak on the nonsense that gets posted.

Yeah I know, I just completely disagree with the generally accepted thought that Yakupov returns you absolutely nothing in a trade when similar cases with players who probably had lower high end potential return more.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Which would be what? A later round pick? Maybe a prospect and a later round pick?

For a first overall pick, the return would be tantamount to a bag of pucks and a half dozen water bottles.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

Completely agree. If there's one thing I've learned over and over again in my long time here on HF, it's that the vast majority of its denizens have absolutely zero clue about what players are truly worth on the trade market, ESPECIALLY when it comes to fans talking about their own team's players.

Jun 9, 2011
Is Yak really with Drai?
That's interesting. I thought Yak worked with McDavid because of their speed. Drai is patient with the puck, so I'm curious to see how this works. Drai sees the game so well and predicts where guys will be, Yak is unpredictable. Hmm.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I think it might be Pakarinen-Draisaitl-Purcell and Korpikoski-Hendricks-Yakupov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad