I am strangely proud of Russia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
SENATOR said:
:eek: How much Canadians were whining when they thought Russians took their gold medals in the last Olympics in figure skating. Don Cherry bombs irked Russian community to the level, Russian-Canadians people were signing up to remove the bigot from CBC airways. The whining from Canadian media was disgusting to no end.

WJC was fixed big time. First round was a joke. Canada got a warm up time with US at the end. How convenient. Then the murderous officiating by US referee. Why this change was made? How much he got paid by Canadian hockey mafia? How come when the crack down on interference was initiated, then all of a sadden in the gold medal game, Canadian players were allowed to clutch and grab and run interference. Proverbial Canadian BS. Let the kids play. Translation. Let the goons play. Too many questions, no answers. Canadians knew they stood no chance against Russians with Swedish officiating. That’s why American referee never bothered to check up stairs for the good goal The whole WJC was a big joke.

:biglaugh:

Edit: As for the original thread starter, you make some good points Slitty. I liked how the Russians didn't back down and were ready to protect Malkin. It was a good game and both teams played well.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
SENATOR said:
:eek: How much Canadians were whining when they thought Russians took their gold medals in the last Olympics in figure skating. Don Cherry bombs irked Russian community to the level, Russian-Canadians people were signing up to remove the bigot from CBC airways. The whining from Canadian media was disgusting to no end.

WJC was fixed big time. First round was a joke. Canada got a warm up time with US at the end. How convenient. Then the murderous officiating by US referee. Why this change was made? How much he got paid by Canadian hockey mafia? How come when the crack down on interference was initiated, then all of a sadden in the gold medal game, Canadian players were allowed to clutch and grab and run interference. Proverbial Canadian BS. Let the kids play. Translation. Let the goons play. Too many questions, no answers. Canadians knew they stood no chance against Russians with Swedish officiating. That’s why American referee never bothered to check up stairs for the good goal The whole WJC was a big joke.

Senator, I give up. You caught us red-handed. How did you fgured it out?

I'm part of the organization that asked the Canadian public to donate one dollar a head so that we could buy the gold medal. We figured 33 million dollars would do it but Canadians are such cheating ******** that we actually collected ten times that amounted: 330 million. Half of that went to buying off the refs and officials and the other half well, I'm writing to you from Tahiti.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Den said:
There's a much more fundamental "problem" with Russian hockey: we usually don't think that hustling is hockey. Nevertheless, somehow, that approach allowed us to be more succesfull against you at juniors.

But in this particular game I think they hustled and hit more than usual, but that didn't pay off. To me Pogee is the decider.

From an outsiders point of view, I agree to an extent. However, it seems the younger generation is showing more 'hustle' and 'determination' than in previous years.

People tend to forget the '99, '02 and '03 teams all showed tremendous heart in their final victories over Canada. The '99 team won with a cluth goal in OT; the '02 team came back from a 2 goal deficit twice; and the '03 team also came from behind while physically dominating the Canadians.
Sure, the past 2 WJC have been disapointing, but you have to look at the big picture as well.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
NyQuil said:
Did you know that Elvis is still alive?

Apparently he's working as a baker in Des Moines with Adolf Hitler and Jim Morrison.

You forgot employee of the month, the Sasquatch and his faithful steed, the Loch Ness Monster.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Boucicaut said:
You're my new hero. Can I have your autograph, oh Great One?

I'm not sure why you'd want that - but if you PM me I can give you an address I guess. But you will need to include a self addressed, stamped envelope. Because I'm not paying for it. And who do I make it out to? Is Boucicaut your real name little fella?

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Le Golie said:
I'm not sure why you'd want that - but if you PM me I can give you an address I guess. But you will need to include a self addressed, stamped envelope. Because I'm not paying for it. And who do I make it out to? Is Boucicaut your real name little fella?

Oh, it's your wit and sense of humour that made a big impression. You're also very classy to boot and I tend to appreciate unbiased intelligent people. BTW: Chances are you weren't even around yet when I was a little fella.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Boucicaut said:
Oh, it's your wit and sense of humour that made a big impression. You're also very classy to boot and I tend to appreciate unbiased intelligent people. BTW: Chances are you weren't even around yet when I was a little fella.

I understand now. So what's your son or daughter's name then? And is it for some type of special event like a birthday or something, or should I just do the usual 'To _________, all the best' ?

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Le Golie said:
I understand now. So what's your son or daughter's name then? And is it for some type of special event like a birthday or something, or should I just do the usual 'To _________, all the best' ?

:biglaugh:

Her name is Anna and her first birthday doesn't come until next December so the usual will do.

Thank you so much for this favor, we are so happy...This will be something to show to the future generations, an heirloom for millenia. :bow:

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Threads like these, that pop up after every single international tournament, make the boards Russian posters look really bad. It truly is a case of "one bad apple......". It also always seems to be a small hundful of Russian posters that are the worst whiners of all.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
ryz said:
Threads like these, that pop up after every single international tournament, make the boards Russian posters look really bad. It truly is a case of "one bad apple......". It also always seems to be a small hundful of Russian posters that are the worst whiners of all.

I've noticed the trend. :D

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
The difference was goaltending. They had Pogge, we had Khudobin. 5 routine shots went in the net for Russia..

Russia did outplay Canada though and Pogge's "player of the game" award is a proof of that.

Congrats to Canada, too bad we can't raise goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->