I am done... Goodbye CBJ

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I don't really get the negativity, but to each their own. Team is the youngest in the NHL, yet manages to battle evenly against the leagues top teams on nightly basis now. AHL team is thriving, because the depth is so good and the CHL guys are destroying it there. As long as one accepts that the team is in developing phase and looks at all the available pieces and how competitive they already are against the NHL elite, it's hard not to be optimistic. Pretty much everyone has another gear or two to reach, and they're already a deep NHL team at this point of development.

And they haven't even fixed the PP yet....
Seriously... I have heard this for 20+ years. You must be new.

Attachments

• first-time-james-franco.gif
    first-time-james-franco.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
@CarolinaBlueJacket I get it. I too was a day 1 Season Ticket holder / PSL buyer (remember those?). We went to 40 or more games per season until 2011. That season kind of broke us. We were spending a lot of money and reached the point that we just lost all hope. From that point forward we cut down to about 2-5 games per season and continued to taper off. I followed every Jacket game through the Tortorella era, but as I saw the team disintegrating I once again lost hope. Now I just watch about 1/3 of the games and don't get emotionally involved anymore.

I hope you'll look in from time to time.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
@CarolinaBlueJacket I get it. I too was a day 1 Season Ticket holder / PSL buyer (remember those?). We went to 40 or more games per season until 2011. That season kind of broke us. We were spending a lot of money and reached the point that we just lost all hope. From that point forward we cut down to about 2-5 games per season and continued to taper off. I followed every Jacket game through the Tortorella era, but as I saw the team disintegrating I once again lost hope. Now I just watch about 1/3 of the games and don't get emotionally involved anymore.

I hope you'll look in from time to time.
Man that 2010-11 Boomer era was a disgrace.

Reactions: TaketheCannoli

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
You got me there... I have never heard that or even said that before myself. CBJ have had so many different saviors over the years, but very few have lasted more than a couple of years.

They've been few individuals in a rather shallow pool of talent. Now that pool is deep and the bigger signings are on long term deals instead of opting out to Florida or New York next season.

Winning team keeps the talent in. And they're winning now both in NHL and AHL.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
It did indeed feel damn good.

I guess some folks are still waiting for a cup to let themselves enjoy a win.
One win or loss does not make much of a difference. This entire organization has been a disgrace since inception. It's not just the on ice product. They are the butt of more jokes than almost every other team and it's well deserved. The front office, marketing, in game entertainment, etc. and it has always been like that.
I hope it works out for you and you enjoy it.

Great movie, terrible organization.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad