I admit, I was wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProctorSilex

Alexandre Daigle

After that WJC in Red Deer I really thought he was going to be the next big star in the NHL.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
rt said:
I really liked Scotty Upshall and thought he would be farther along at this point.

the only knock on him is injuries. development-wise, I'm actually more pleased than I thought I'd be. He was generally the Admirals' best forward at both ends of the ice this year.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
avid_leaf_guy said:
tambellini is still a better talent than kesler.
And Pavel Brendl is a better talent then Mike Peca.

Tambellini is a great scorer, but has yet to do it at the pro level. I'd take Kesler over him pretty easily.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
I was definitely wrong about Ryan Kesler (in a good way), Pavel Brendl and Dan Blackburn (thus far, in a bad way), and Ryan Bonni, who I was so certain would be that crease-clearing defenseman for the Canucks (d'oh!).

And, of course, Josh Holden, the guy I was praying the Canucks would take back in 1996. Whoops.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
I admit, I was wrong with:

Shawn Antoski... I really thought he was going to become the next Bob Probert...

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I admit that Tuomo Ruutu probably was the better one between the two finnish centres taken in the first round of the same draft... Miki can still turn a couple of heads though ;)

espo*

I was both right and wrong about Alexandre Daigle.I thought the tools were there for him to develop into an all-star in the nhl but never liked him as much as Pronger and Kariya going into the draft and thought they should have been the top two picks.So.................................Daigle sure never turned into a star(big time wrong)....................................... but i was bang on about him not being as good as Pronger and Kariya.Really good thread this one,i'll have to dig back in my memory books for some other ones.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I was REALLY high on Sergei Krivokrasov, and I thought Milan Kraft would become a franchise center...ooops on both. Nikita Alexeev is another player I was very high on, and I don't think he'll reach his full potential.

FlyersFan10*

I actually feel for Daigle because it was his dad's dream he was living, not his. Daigle never wanted to be an NHL player. He liked hockey, but he liked being a normal teenager more. It was his dad who wanted him to be a hockey player, etc......Kind of sounds like Lindros. The only difference is that Alex came back to hockey on his own terms and is now one of the more complete players to play the game. Kudos to Lemaire and Risebrough for taking on him and turning Alex back into a hockey player again.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Uh I just remebered one player I was really off on. Jeff Jillsson, I thought for sure that he would be a top defensemen in the league after watching him in the WJC in Sweden. I don't know what happened to him when he turned pro, he handled the puck like it was a hot potato. 3 years earlier he was the most poised defensemen I've ever seen in the WJC.

Matt MacInnis said:
I'm not even getting into the Sedins aren't busts argument. It just baffles my mind how people can even say it if they actually look at the numbers.

Anyhow....I was very wrong about Petr Schastlivy, he's the big one that I was way off on. A second would be Evseev.

Not saying that they were busts. Allot of people thought for sure that they were the next Forsbergx2.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
High on, but disappointed me:
Pavel Brendl
Jamie Lundmark
Jani Rita
Chuck Kobasew
The Ferarro twins
Tony Granato's & Mario Lemieux's comeback
I also remember Emerson, he was pretty good
Kovalev's return to NY
Bure to NY
Radek Dvorak
Theo Fleury's "future"

Guys who made me look stupid:
Dainius Zubrus
Martin St. Louis
Bryan Berard
Todd Bertuzzi
Jiri Fischer
Mika Noronen
Dwayne Roloson

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
I had high hopes for Luca Cereda and Michel Riesen but for vastly different reasons their NHL careers are non starters. I have Robert Nilsson still pending. I predicted good things but if he does not bring it on a nightly basis i'll be looking bad.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Good thread idea. :)

1. I was positive he would be a star:Jens Karlsson

2. If I were a GM I would have passed on: Martin Havlat

3. I was right about: Ales Hemsky (so far)

There are many more players for each of the above categories, but especially the first one. :D

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I thought both Cameron Mann and Jonathan Girard would be good players for the Bruins.

I thought Ron Hainsey was a can't miss prospect.

I had positive vibes about Daniel Corso.

leafaholix*

believe it or not, i don't think i've ever been wrong on any noteable prospects.

Phanuthier*

After all the Flames 1st round busts (Tkaczuk, Fata ect) and dissapointments (Saprykin, so far) I would have to say Sergei Varlamov. The guy had elite offensive awareness and goalden hands, and thought he would be a offensive juggernaught, but other aspects of his game were lacking.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
avid_leaf_guy said:
believe it or not, i don't think i've ever been wrong on any noteable prospects.
The key word being 'noteable.' ;)

No use arguing about the past, but list the 'noteable' players in the 2005 draft who will be hits and misses. Then, we can test you. Somehow I think you will make your first mistake at last. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad