Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Info and Discussion - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Going back a couple of pages regarding the discussion of Foegele. Watching his highlights and some of his play, he reminds me a lot of Michael Grabner. Probably not as fast as Grabner, but that's who I see most in him.
It's still baffling that he has yet to get a call up. I know Zykov has more goals, but given Foegele's other attributes, he would seem to be as deserving, if not more, of a call up. Hopefully that happens soon.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
It's still baffling that he has yet to get a call up. I know Zykov has more goals, but given Foegele's other attributes, he would seem to be as deserving, if not more, of a call up. Hopefully that happens soon.
Many people deserve call ups. And the state of the team has warranted call ups. Still nothing happens.

Things like these are probably why Francis got the boot. Dunno how much Peters has say in these. Probably plenty.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

My only thought is they're letting Foegele marinate just a little bit longer since he's only a rookie. Zykov already has 3 seasons in the AHL under his belt.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Obviously I don't see what the brass sees, but I really don't get why they aren't giving Zykov every chance to be a difference maker in Raleigh. The canes power play sucks, no one goes to the net-- and here's a guy who seems to be a poor mans John LeClair doing exactly what they have a need for and they don't call him up until the season is essentially over. Then when they do call him up he doesn't dress. I just hope he doesn't end up saying screw this team and bolting to Russia like Dadonov did- the same Dadonov who has put up 51 points in 58 games with the panthers this year. Boy wouldn't it be nice to have a player like that.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Obviously I don't see what the brass sees, but I really don't get why they aren't giving Zykov every chance to be a difference maker in Raleigh. The canes power play sucks, no one goes to the net-- and here's a guy who seems to be a poor mans John LeClair doing exactly what they have a need for and they don't call him up until the season is essentially over. Then when they do call him up he doesn't dress. I just hope he doesn't end up saying screw this team and bolting to Russia like Dadonov did- the same Dadonov who has put up 51 points in 58 games with the panthers this year. Boy wouldn't it be nice to have a player like that.

C'mon with the Dadonov stuff. He was barely a member of our organization for 1/2 of a season and wasn't very good at that when he was here (nor with Florida when he was there). He didn't deserve an NHL chance back then (nor in Florida back then) and decided to go back to Russia to work on his game and get paid more. It wasn't about us screwing him over by not giving him a chance.

And the over-reacting about him "maybe" not getting to play in his 1st game, on the road after being called up is, well, over-reacting.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I'm not saying they should have gifted Dadonov a spot. I'm saying if Zykov decides he isn't getting a fair shake here and that the KHL would be a better fit for him that'd be a shame as he appears to be the type of player the canes really need

Ok, it came across like you were implying we "screwed Dadonov" over so he bolted.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
It's not that I think Dadonov got a raw deal here, but it is frustrating watching players that got away from the canes succeed elsewhere.

Meh, that one doesn't frustrate me at all. 1) Dadonov wasn't very good when he was in north america last time and he might have never been "successful" if he hadn't gone to the KHL where he improved his game. We had him for basically 30ish AHL games so we barely had him (much less let him "get away").

2) That's the nature of the collective bargaining agreement. Dadonov, when he returned, was free to sign with whatever team he wanted, just like any UFA is.

Dadonov wasn't a case where we drafted and developed a guy and put significant time and resources into him only to let him slip away. I think we got him in a trade for Matsumoto (or someone like that) as and AHL for AHL deal.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
41-Qq6SLCXL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->