Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Info and Discussion - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i graduated from college 4 years ago but i choose to type like this on the internet as a stylistic choice

my england is actual really good

i received an a on every paper i wrote in college

granted im an engineer so those were all fluffy electives

but still

i just started talking like this bc hallejokel did and im a follower not a leader

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
awww ty bby appreciate ur support

i also got an a on ever paper i wrote in college but im a scientist in an english major's body so i took a lot of electives where i had to read and write a lot because it is enjoyable to me

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
i graduated from college 4 years ago but i choose to type like this on the internet as a stylistic choice

my england is actual really good

"your england" and you guys are talking about me smh lol jk

As somebody who has hired several recent college grads, your English skills are very much in line with theirs....that is to say, none of you seem to have mastered the King's English.

I could be a curmudgeon and reference texting and such, but I tend to chalk it up to the general decline of our civilization. After all look at the choices we adults had in November. If ever there was a textbook definition of "damned if you do and damned if you don't", I've not read one.

I'll now go quietly off to my cabin in the wilderness....

i understand most of it but im no shakesphereian

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
this is how i predict the future lineup
Bean - Mckeown
Fleury - Hanifin
Pesce - Slavin

Skinner - Roy - Guathier (canadian line)
Terravainen - Kuokkanen - Aho (finnish line)
Mcginn - Rask - ?
? - Staal - ?

Goalies
Nedeljkovic
Booth

7th
Carrick

3rd goalie
Helvig/lafontaine

There are too many stud prospects in the late rounds to decide who is nhl possibly worthy that is why i left those 3 spots left open. I put defence first cause the defence is overwhelming.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
As somebody who has hired several recent college grads, your English skills are very much in line with theirs....that is to say, none of you seem to have mastered the King's English.

I don't buy that for a second. This kid isn't hallejokeling it, he's actually failing middle/high school English and we can clearly see why. Don't encourage him by telling him college graduates are also reading/writing at a 6th grade level.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
art is subjective

Speaking of art, one of those "fluffy" electives I took in college as an engineer was Art Appreciation. Everyone talked about how easy it was and how little work. Well, wouldn't you know it, the semester I took it a new professor came on board. Never did so much writing in my entire life. Multiple times a week, she'd put up a series of famous paintings (copies of course) and we had to go look at them and write papers on each of them. At the time, I thought it sucked, but it actually ended up getting me interested in Art and collecting art is one of my hobbies now.

Still, more writing than any other class I ever took in college.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Speaking of art, one of those "fluffy" electives I took in college as an engineer was Art Appreciation. Everyone talked about how easy it was and how little work. Well, wouldn't you know it, the semester I took it a new professor came on board. Never did so much writing in my entire life. Multiple times a week, she'd put up a series of famous paintings (copies of course) and we had to go look at them and write papers on each of them. At the time, I thought it sucked, but it actually ended up getting me interested in Art and collecting art is one of my hobbies now.

Still, more writing than any other class I ever took in college.

i took an art appreciation class in high school

interesting stuff, really forces you to think outside the box. always loved the papers in that class because you can BS 90% of it as long as you make it sound relevant

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
i took an art appreciation class in high school

interesting stuff, really forces you to think outside the box. always loved the papers in that class because you can BS 90% of it as long as you make it sound relevant

Oh, no doubt. Wasn't hard as long as you were able to make stuff up, just a LOT of writing.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I don't buy that for a second. This kid isn't hallejokeling it, he's actually failing middle/high school English and we can clearly see why. Don't encourage him by telling him college graduates are also reading/writing at a 6th grade level.

Why not, that way he's doomed to fit right in. :yo:

HS english 1

Stick it out dude. Writing will remain one of the stalwart pillars of communication.

one time i went back and read some of my forum posts from middle school

it was horrifying

In 5-10 years, you'll probably go back and reads some of your posts from right now and think the same thing. :laugh:

Not sure you'd have to go all the way back to middle school.

art is subjective

No Art is a noun. :D

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Why not, that way he's doomed to fit right in. :yo:

Stick it out dude. Writing will remain one of the stalwart pillars of communication.

Not sure you'd have to go all the way back to middle school.

No Art is a noun. :D

the high school ones were also pretty bad, but nowhere near middle school level

it's a completely separate tier of cringe

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
the high school ones were also pretty bad, but nowhere near middle school level

it's a completely separate tier of cringe

Spent the last hour or so trying to remember middle school....nope, it's completely gone....wonder where it went.

Somebody tell those kids to get off my damn lawn....

Oh, prospects, yeah....Hudson Elynuik now has 52 points in 45 games. 2 goals and 3 assists in his last 5 games.

Also, big Steve Lorentz is now a point per game player with 18 goals and 46 points in 46 tilts.

Our 4 CHL "big bodies" - Elynuik, Roy, Gauthier, and Lorentz are all now point per game or better players.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Spent the last hour or so trying to remember middle school....nope, it's completely gone....wonder where it went.

Somebody tell those kids to get off my damn lawn....

Oh, prospects, yeah....Hudson Elynuik now has 52 points in 45 games. 2 goals and 3 assists in his last 5 games.

Also, big Steve Lorentz is now a point per game player with 18 goals and 46 points in 46 tilts.

Our 4 CHL "big bodies" - Elynuik, Roy, Gauthier, and Lorentz are all now point per game or better players.

Elynuik seemed intriguing as a pick back at the draft. I seem to remember some Chiefs fans saying he was poised to have a good season. Since this is his 4th WHL season I'm guessing he'll be in Charlotte next season?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Maybe. He's an October 97 birthday so next year is his overage in the WHL. But that said, unless there's just flat out wholesale changes in Charlotte, I don't see it. Even for projecting that Wallmark makes the Canes next season right out of camp like he almost did this year, and of Goat making the team, that still leaves:

Tolchinsky - Poturalski - Zykov
PDG - Saarela - Brown
Roy - Bishop - McLovin
Smallman - Lorentz - Brickley/Woods

just out of the Canes affiliated prospects. There's likely at least 2-3 AHL vets signed for that team or a guy or two out of the NCAA ala Poturalski or Brown. I'd love us to sign a guy like Aston-Reese out of Northeastern, has some good offensive upside (maybe a middle 6 type) and has a lot of McGinn to his game.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Ah okay, I didn't know if once a player hits 4 seasons they weren't allowed to play in major junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->