Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Discussion & Update (part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snizzbone*

It really amazes me how frequently these UDFA players go to Toronto considering how many have just gone there never to be heard from again. I know they have the success story of Tyler Bozak to pitch, but for every one of him there's about a dozen others that sign there and disappear into oblivion.

"a dozen others"

lol no. We sign maybe 1 per year. Bozak being the only one who has done anything for us. Frattin, MacWilliam, etc.. were all drafted by us.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Who are all these other guys? Only undrafted free agent college players I can think of signing in Toronto are Bozak, Hanson and Abbott. That's going back to 2009. So 4 guys in 6 years. We've signed nearly as many in Babin, Welsh and Brown.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Who are all these other guys? Only undrafted free agent college players I can think of signing in Toronto are Bozak, Hanson and Abbott. That's going back to 2009. So 4 guys in 6 years. We've signed nearly as many in Babin, Welsh and Brown.

Well not to mention the *several* UDFA signings from Europe that were incredibly high profile (Gustavsson, Mueller, Rynnas, Owuya etc.)

Simon Gysbers, Ben Scrivens, Will Acton, Christian Hanson, Spencer Abbott, Chris Harrington, Tyler Brenner, Alex Berry, Brayden Irwin, Kyle Rogers.... there are probably more than I wasn't able to find in a cursory google search but there are a few names in the till. If you include all the high profile Euro signings, it's quite a list of players that were incredibly hyped and had their choice of places to play and selected Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad