Hurricanes Lounge XXVII: BURN THE NEW SERVERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
A while back a person positioned herself to become my nemesis. Unbeknownst to her, she did it in what is my personal area of expertise. She got some after-the-fact help in her unlawful endeavours from certain persons who she proceeded to reward by burning them, which they don't yet know. Today I learned those persons have since got themselves tangled with my nemesis' fortunes in needless-to-even-try-explain-kosher fashion.

The **** will hit the fan soon, and it will be beautiful.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
pretty sure i just got my ass kicked by hallejokel. if not i just got beat by the guy that i thought was you that one time we had half a team made up of hfcanes.

pls confirm you just left cary

edit: i should clarify that this was in a beer league game, not a bojangles parking lot or anything like that.

Last edited:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
pretty sure i just got my ass kicked by hallejokel. if not i just got beat by the guy that i thought was you that one time we had half a team made up of hfcanes.

pls confirm you just left cary

edit: i should clarify that this was in a beer league game, not a bojangles parking lot or anything like that.

yeah i was there

doing stuff

...sorry

Finnish Jerk Train

Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
yeah i was there

doing stuff

...sorry

I knew it! I wanted to say something in the faceoff dot, but didn't want to be weird in case it wasn't you.

So I wrote about it online, because that's not weird.

The campfire scene in Blazing Saddles was the first time there was an audible fart in major American film, I learn.

First forty times, in fact.

The bodily functions were dubbed in after shooting, but I believe the DVD's special features include the scene as it was shot. It's weird watching them act like they're burping and farting without the noises.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I knew it! I wanted to say something in the faceoff dot, but didn't want to be weird.

So I wrote about it online, because that's not weird.

yeah, i also thought that was you, but didn't want to be wrong and have that conversation.

i know the goalie on that team from work, and he said their team is pretty bad and desperately needed help. figured i would let them try out the whole winning thing for once since my other team at RCI will be out for a month while they tear out all the ice this summer. i probably shouldn't be allowed in intermediate C... i feel like an asshole the entire game and don't want to actually try to shoot or anything. just try to set the guys up for tap-ins or shots in the slot, but doesn't really work out

Finnish Jerk Train

Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
yeah, i also thought that was you, but didn't want to be wrong and have that conversation.

i know the goalie on that team from work, and he said their team is pretty bad and desperately needed help. figured i would let them try out the whole winning thing for once since my other team at RCI will be out for a month while they tear out all the ice this summer. i probably shouldn't be allowed in intermediate C... i feel like an ******* the entire game and don't want to actually try to shoot or anything. just try to set the guys up for tap-ins or shots in the slot, but doesn't really work out
It's all good. We have one or two guys like that, especially the one who got tripped last night and scored from his knees. But just about every team has a couple of those, so it all balances out.

You guys did have a pretty short bench, but it seemed like the guys that were there make up the team's core, and most of them were decent. We, on the other hand, moved up from lower C last year... and it shows. And we had just come from Ale House. I was slow all night, but I think it caught up with all of us in the third period.

I still have a headache from the beer.

Last edited:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
yeah i had to explain to the other guys on my team that it is actually way easier to lift the puck like that from your knees, so getting tripped did him a favor in that sense lol. still a very sick goal, though. we definitely had most of the better guys on the team there last night, but having only 2 subs is brutal regardless of who shows up.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Interesting. I've had it straight up not load a lot, load at a snail's pace, fail to make a post (including this post), and even take like a minute to register a like. Had it on my computer at work, on my mobile network, and home network. It's been doing better on and off tonight, but still having issues.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Is HF being really ****ty today for anyone?

Might just be a mobile thing, but the site is really slow today and often doesn't load.

Interesting. I've had it straight up not load a lot, load at a snail's pace, fail to make a post (including this post), and even take like a minute to register a like. Had it on my computer at work, on my mobile network, and home network. It's been doing better on and off tonight, but still having issues.

OK good so it's not just me. It's been garbage on my phone the last day and a half through a couple of different browsers too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->