OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXV: Snowstorm Panic Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
You guys obviously know that when these terms and names and stuff are used on a webpage and then you surf on the said webpage like this one here, the Google algorithm has case to believe you might be into that stuff and the you get ads about it.

What Google does to show you ads

We may show you ads based on many factors, including:

Types of websites you visit, and mobile apps you have on your device
Cookies on your browser and the settings in your Google Account
Websites and apps you’ve visited that belong to businesses that advertise with Google
Your activity on another device
Previous interactions with Google’s ads or advertising services
Your Google Account activity and information

This also answers CI's question on the other thread about why he gets thinly-clad ladies on Youtube when searching for Hurricanes fast food ad.

"Your Google Account activity and information" apparently also includes the contents of your Gmail.

Last edited:

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Just feels like a huge punch to the nads.

Worst stadium disaster here was an explosion that killed over 60 people & injured hundreds back in 1963.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
i know politics talk is a no no

but for the sake of argument

when was the last time you heard about someone bombing a place in the name of atheism?

all religion is ****ed and the world will be a better place when it goes the way of the dinosaurs (which actually did exist mind you)

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i know politics talk is a no no

but for the sake of argument

when was the last time you heard about someone bombing a place in the name of atheism?

all religion is ****ed and the world will be a better place when it goes the way of the dinosaurs (which actually did exist mind you)

I tried to engage you in this type of discussion one time privately and you never responded...

Regardless, it's kind of a potshot of an argument. Taking the perversion of a thing in argument against the thing itself is pretty literally the definition of a strawman.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
i know you did

and i did not respond because after some thought i decided that i did not want to waste either of our time

no matter how right i am it is//was unlikely to change your mind mind so i decided to call a spade a spade and use my energy on things that actually matter

i am looking at you riemann hypothesis

one day..... one day.....

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
There are ~1.6 billion Muslims on the planet. If Islam was THAT much of a corrupting influence, we would be living in a very different world.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

Anders Breivik. The Tamil Tigers. Stalin.

Don't kid yourself, dude. There are plenty of people who have murdered innocent religious folks in the name of No God.

Religion is the excuse, not the reason. There's always an excuse: religion, race, politics. Don't confuse the reason for the excuse. You're smarter than that.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Don't kid yourself, dude. There are plenty of people who have murdered innocent religious folks in the name of No God.

Religion is the excuse, not the reason. There's always an excuse: religion, race, politics. Don't confuse the reason for the excuse. You're smarter than that.

Truth. Over 100 million have been killed not for religion but simply in the name of communism in the last century.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

it is kinda both tho

i got raked over the coals on the main board for saying that it was a sad statement of humanity that harnarayan singh being on hnic was considered "newsworthy" in 2017

people called me every name under the sun because they thought i was racist or some **** when all i meant was that it should not be newsworthy because he is//was qualified for the job and as such got it

what color his skin is has no bearing whatsoever to me

if he can do his job then he should have it

at the end of the day we are equals

he is a human male

i am a human male

i hate the way the media tries to portray all this nonsensical bs about "oooh look! we hired a minority, look how inclusive we are!!"

it is just racism of a different sort and i have no time for it

just like i have no time for any religion or people who think the abstract correlation of when they were born when compared against zodiac signs means anything

i was born an aries but found out last year after nasa's calculations that i am actually a picses and guess what?

i am still the same ****ing person

nothing changed

it is shocking i know

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I know y'all wanna be angry, and imma let you finish, but yoda is the greatest religious mind of all time:

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Bond_-_Roger_Moore_-_Profile.jpg

RIP

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
And now I'm sad. #2 Bond imo.

NOPE. For the movies shown in US:

#1 Sean Connery
#2 Daniel Craig
#3 Roger Moore / Pierce Brosnan
#5 Timothy Dalton
#6 George Lazenby

Interestingly enough, Roger Moore was older than Connery.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
NOPE. For the movies shown in US:

#1 Sean Connery
#2 Daniel Craig
#3 Roger Moore / Pierce Brosnan
#5 Timothy Dalton
#6 George Lazenby

Interestingly enough, Roger Moore was older than Connery.

For my money, George Lazenby was better than both Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan. Dude was a badass.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
For my money, George Lazenby was better than both Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan. Dude was a badass.

Badass yes, but had the personality of a rock. And that's what Bond needs, to be badass, but have that personality that makes you want to be him. Kind of "the most interesting man in the world" concept. Connery and Craig had/have the total package and is why they are at the top. Lazenby and Dalton didn't which is why they are at the bottom.

Unfortunately for Roger Moore, they turned Bond into an almost cartoonish type character during his run as Bond, but part of that is because of his own style which is why I don't put him in Connery and Craig's category. Brosnan started to bring it back to it's roots, but couldn't quite carry it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad