Durrm NC
i just got off the phone with miami

it wants its vice back

ebyrEYH.png

Kinda impressed. Not gonna lie.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
IKEA officially coming to Cary? Cutely named home furnishings and Swedish meatballs all around!

When I was in Singapore late last year, Ikea was the go to spot for Lunch for the Singaporeans I was with. I had never been in an Ikea before and had no idea that a store that sold cheap furniture was so popular for lunch, but it was packed.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
That some really bad news to wake up to. Damn.

Indeed it is. 'Hunger Strike' from Temple of the Dog is one of my favorite 90s songs. First song to kick off the grunge movement too I believe, think Nirvana and Pearl Jam were a year after.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So if I understand this correctly. Ikea is going to be part of the Cary Towne Mall, where Sears once was.

The store in Charlotte is stand alone and for the most part relatively easy to get too. While I understand the importance of having the store be close to I-40 and in Cary, which is the kind of town stores like Ikea want to be in, with Wegmans coming in that area , traffic is going to be a nightmare. Hopefully someone has a plan.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
When I was in Singapore late last year, Ikea was the go to spot for Lunch for the Singaporeans I was with. I had never been in an Ikea before and had no idea that a store that sold cheap furniture was so popular for lunch, but it was packed.

I have a friend whose wife is from Germany and I think it is the same way over in Europe. Whenever IKEA is mentioned they always talk about getting lunch.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
So if I understand this correctly. Ikea is going to be part of the Cary Towne Mall, where Sears once was.

The store in Charlotte is stand alone and for the most part relatively easy to get too. While I understand the importance of having the store be close to I-40 and in Cary, which is the kind of town stores like Ikea want to be in, with Wegmans coming in that area , traffic is going to be a nightmare. Hopefully someone has a plan.

The rumor for a while was that a TopGolf was coming to Cary in that very spot, basically the entire Sears location + the parking lot. Eventually the town kiboshed it. Not sure if anyone has seen or been to any other TopGolf locations, but man they kill it everywhere they go.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
The rumor for a while was that a TopGolf was coming to Cary in that very spot, basically the entire Sears location + the parking lot. Eventually the town kiboshed it. Not sure if anyone has seen or been to any other TopGolf locations, but man they kill it everywhere they go.

Top Golf is a great outing at night, a better outing on a Saturday morning to meet with buds (especially if you ignore all decency and split a breakfast pitcher).

They've basically turned golf into bowling with bumpers. Actually fun for everyone.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I have a friend whose wife is from Germany and I think it is the same way over in Europe. Whenever IKEA is mentioned they always talk about getting lunch.

The prices are difficult to beat, and the price/quality ratio is off the charts, from the customer point of view.

In the IKEA point of view, the breakfast especially is designed to bring you into the store early and then you can shop till lunchtime. I'd hate to try and compete with them if food was my main business and not a support function to sell sofas like it's to them. Even anyone who just pops in to buy some little knick-knacks on the side of the lunch is still spending that much less at the competitor.

I kind of hate myself writing this on a Sultan matress on a Brimnes bed between two Malm dressers.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I keep getting this really annoying condom ad at the top of my page every time i switch pages, it's kinda funny though and not the most annoying ad ever, so I guess I don't mind? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad