OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXIV: Tarheel got tired of seeing a gross word in the title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I have friend who races in the SVRA circuit (Sportscar Vintage Racing Association) and he has a few cars. I wouldn't even guess how much money he's put into it as he has a hauler, Motorhome, etc... and travels all over the US to race, but he also owns a number of businesses so money is no object for him.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
You probably were the only one who recognized him. Everyone else on the flight is probably a meth user and probably doesn't know what Hockey even is. They all probably thought he was the pastor of some mega baptist church.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
In a couple of years I hope to be able to afford a bicycle.

Ha, reminds me of an exchange I witnessed after a high school gym class back in the day. A guy was complaining about his car being crap but that he couldn't afford any better. "A car!", chimed in another, "I don't have money to buy a decent bicycle."

"Oh you, guys", said the third one from farther away. "Some of us can't even afford to have their own shirt!", he said, while dressing up to his dark green ad t-shirt that bore the name of "Loan Covering", a domestically well-known company that specializes in renting out various tarps and other coverings.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Star Trek was pretty cool. Very predictable in some ways, but very entertaining. I won't spoil anything, just go in knowing that the universe is saved by "Classical" music hahaha

CalUK

Feb 16, 2015
Scotland
Star Trek was great, very much enjoyed it, but I am a long-term fan tho. I think its actually the first time I've to the cinema this year.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
It's already known there were hacking attempts on the Clinton private server.

It's also known Clinton personally scrubbed many emails from the server(several thousand emails per NYT report)...she said the ones she deleted were just personal things...about yoga, her daughter, etc.

So if Clinton is telling the truth, and someone had hacked the server and has the messages...there may be some embarrassing personal stuff, but it wouldn't move the needle in the election.

On the other hand, if she was lying, and she deleted messages that contain information that would be damaging to her, it might be a deathblow.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
5 days on the beach and still not burnt, getting tanned though. My native in me though makes me tan vs burning.

I hate getting burnt, though I tan relatively quickly too. I started wearing lightweight long sleeve shirts, big ass hats, and plenty of SPF 50 on exposed areas when I go fishing or out in the sun for long periods of time and it's great. Much cooler than short sleeve shirts with sunscreen. After hearing about so many people with skin cancer problems and family members having problems I'm okay with having a pasty complexion.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I burn very easily and it sucks. I am so white, that when I go outside in the dark with now shirt on, my skin almost looks pale blue. Like a ghost or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad