Humboldt BRONCOS-SJHL Hockey Team involved in serious bus crash on way to playoff game in Nipawin

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Brings back memories of the bus crash several years ago that killed four including Lindy Ruff’s brother. I hope this one has a happier ending.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Brings back memories of the bus crash several years ago that killed four including Lindy Ruff’s brother. I hope this one has a happier ending.

I'm trying to find the tweet, but air ambulances were dispatched out. It's not sounding good.

I was about 8 years old when the Swift Current Broncos team bus crashed. Joe Sakic was on that bus if I remember right. Oddly enough, both teams from Saskatchewan and both named the Broncos.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
My nephew lives in Nipawin. He just called...it's not good. I wont post anything until there's confirmation.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I’ve heard there are a lot of fatalities...

Not good

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
There was a picture on twitter and man it looks brutal.

Horrible tragedy hoping for the best.

gwiz999

Jul 18, 2013
Thoughts and prayers to all involved with the team and to the emergency personnel as well. This is going to be a tough one.
ETA: As a junior hockey billet family, this is heartbreaking and devastating news.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Thoughts and prayers to all involved with the team and to the emergency personnel as well. This is going to be a tough one.

They often times get forgotten in times like these. These poor people have to do their jobs in spite of the chaos of such accidents and will have to live with this the rest of their lives.

Reactions: MichaelFarrell

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
They often times get forgotten in times like these. These poor people have to do their jobs in spite of the chaos of such accidents and will have to live with this the rest of their lives.

I couldn't imagine. It's not something I have the makeup to do. I'm glad there are people that do though.
I can't believe this has happened. Shocking and terrible.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
The numbers I’m hearing keep going up..

Last I heard was 18. Devastating.

gwiz999

Jul 18, 2013

That's almost the whole team, if the number is correct. So sad and tragic. As a long time junior hockey billet family, it's my greatest fear when the guys head out on the road, especially in bad weather. Even in good weather tragedies can happen.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

How are you getting your information? Do you know someone involved? I’m at a loss for words, that number is horrifying to think about. I know people were saying it was bad but I wasn’t prepared to see that.

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
I’m from Humboldt, and this is absolutely devastating. Situations like this are always tragic, but this was a particularly special group of kids, very involved in the community; including attending my sons novice teams wind up. Very sad news, still praying for the absolute best for all involved.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
How are you getting your information? Do you know someone involved? I’m at a loss for words, that number is horrifying to think about. I know people were saying it was bad but I wasn’t prepared to see that.

I live close to the accident and have family/friends that would be first responders.

Hope the number is smaller... but whatever it ends up being is going to be shocking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad