Hulking defensman with mean streak

Status
Not open for further replies.

humboldt

Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
who in this draft would fit the title of my thread? Which defenseman is the most physically imposing and hard hitting. Someone realy tough to play against. Anyone in the first round that fits the bill?

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
humboldt said:
who in this draft would fit the title of my thread? Which defenseman is the most physically imposing and hard hitting. Someone realy tough to play against. Anyone in the first round that fits the bill?

HESH!

Mr.Brownov*

Finish D man Risto Korhonen.I'm not sure where he's ranked among other 2005 D men though.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Habsfan 32 said:
Good choice. Not a 1st rounder but later in the draft. If Heshmatpour could skate he'd be a great choice.

As of now, I'm not sure Pokulok has that much of a mean streak. 33 PIM's plus a laid back type of defenseman doesn't show me mean streak. Also with Hesh, at times he seems like he should be 5'10''. Disinterested in the physical aspect of the game.

My guy would be McQuaid. Huge at 6'4'', hits, competes, and loves the game unlike some guys. Hint Hesh.

I like Zubarev. Hits like a train and loves to mix it up. Pretty big at 6'1'' 200 although that is not "hulking".

Actually, Hulking with mean streak would be USHL's Joe Finley. At 6'7'' 230-240 that is one mean *******. Led the USHL in PIM's as an '87.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
No better hulking D-man than the USHL's Joe Finley who is 6-7/229. A real beast on the blueline.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I'd say Adam McQuaid Sudbury or Dalyn Flatt Saskatoon.

McQuaid is the better player of the two but I wouldn't describe him as a super physical player (not a soft player by any means either). Flatt is 6'3 and a very physical player but I worry if he has enough skill to make it in the NHL.

Hesh is a super bruise but I don't think that he is anywhere near skilled enough to play in the NHL.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
VandeVelde is a forward.

Tyson Dowzak is a big defenseman who was at Shattuck last year. He'll probably be in Lincoln in the USHL this year for his senior year of high school, then on to the NCAA. He's talked about as a potential first-rounder. Not sure how mean he is, but he is a big kid.

4check22

Jul 19, 2003
Karl Spackler's hovel
Chief said:
No better hulking D-man than the USHL's Joe Finley who is 6-7/229. A real beast on the blueline.
Absolutely. Offensive upside too, althouth he needs to develop a quicker shot. His slapper is an absolute bomb, but he takes a tad too long to set it up. He'll be a great late-second round pick.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
Tuzzolino could be described as not physical enough for his massive frame.. Jack Johnson is probably the most aggressive and mean physical defenseman I have seen available for this years draft.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
90% of the guys mentioned in this thread so far would be Phil Oreskovic's *****es. If he concentrated on fighting, he would easily be top 3 in the OHL.

Adam McQuaid more "hulking" or "meaner" than big Phil? That's funny.

Edit: The asterisks denote a female dog.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
BobMarleyNYR said:
Cody Franson, Matt Pelech, Nick Tuzzolino.

Franson is a total bunny. His lack of a physical game is his biggest weakness.

There just isn't the usual assortment of big, physical WHL defenders this year. Scott Jackson is solidly physical but not nasty. Dalyn Flatt is a tough customer who did a good job as Mike Green's defense partner in Saskatoon, but isn't all that mobile or skilled and is likely a 3rd-4th rounder. Mike Gauthier could be a Matt Spiller type, but his development has gone nowhere over the last two years ... probably a 3rd-5th round pick as well. Derek Reinhart of Regina is a project who'll probably go mid-late rounds.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Hedberg16 said:
7th or 8th round

Had his skating not improved since he came into the league I would agree with you.

But it has, very much so, such that I will predict he'll go around the 4th round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad