Hulk Hogan 1998 WCW Contract

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Konnan was extremely over, and wasn't too far removed from being one of the biggest draws in the world in the mid-1990s. And he served an important role in bringing in some of their best wrestlers. If anything, that's an underpayment.

Konnan was a draw in Mexico. WCW was an American company. That's a massive overpayment. Nobody was buying WCW ppv's for Konnan. He probably made them more money in the Mexican market, but I seriously doubt that's worth $500,000.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I remember reading articles at that time and it was just ridiculous how much money WCW was throwing around. As an accountant I was thinking there is no way that company makes that much money and has to be losing a ton. They threw away ridiculous sums, 7 figures on a regular basis to the likes of Dennis Rodman and Kiss besides over paying the wrestlers themselves. I was always wondering what the hell were they thinking?

More than one wrestler would say to Vince, I would like to stay but I cant turn down that much money and Vince would say, I wouldn't either if I were you.

Eskie Jetski

Jun 25, 2004
Which he claims he only ever invoked once (Bash at the Beach 2000).

maury.jpg

Our lie detector indicates you invoked your creative control over...

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I remember reading articles at that time and it was just ridiculous how much money WCW was throwing around. As an accountant I was thinking there is no way that company makes that much money and has to be losing a ton. They threw away ridiculous sums, 7 figures on a regular basis to the likes of Dennis Rodman and Kiss besides over paying the wrestlers themselves. I was always wondering what the hell were they thinking?

More than one wrestler would say to Vince, I would like to stay but I cant turn down that much money and Vince would say, I wouldn't either if I were you.

They also more than likely had a far less demanding house show schedule too.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
WCW did have a (far) lighter house show schedule than the WWF originally, but once they started selling out everywhere they went and making a ton of money they started doing way more of them. That would have been around '97 or '98.

Part of the problem with that is how WCW wrote the contracts. Everyone was getting a high flat rate for pay, instead of getting a cut of the ticket sales. Which meant everyone was suddenly working much harder for the same amount of money. So ofc that leads to a ton of backstage complaining. Even more when you had contracts like Warriors where he didn't have to do many shows at all and still get big money (we'll ignore the fact he didn't have to do many shows 'cos he didn't even last a month in the company xD).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad