Proposal: Huge Jets/Oilers Trade

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Id imagine both sides say no.

Jets fans are not giving up a 30 goal rookie and Myers would be moved to clear up cap, not take Klefboms contract back.

Oil fans beleive in Klef to bounce back and Puju to keep developing. The pick can be used to draft someone better than any of the players in the deal.

No from me and probably everyone else.

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
:edmontonTyler Myers, Kyle Connor, 2018 2nd
:jetsOscar Klefbom, Jesse Puljujarvi, 2018 1st

Oilers get a great speedy winger, Jets upgrade on D, and both teams exchange a LHD and a RHD to balance the top 4.

Obviously this is a bad trade. The oilers are giving up too much. Let me fix this for you:

Jets give up Laine, Connor, Myers for Milan Lucic and Matt Benning.

That's almost how bad this proposal is. Lock this thread

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
We keep our speedy winger, we are not fixing Chias bad misstake. I know he would most likley pick Eriksson-Ek but still...

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I wouldn't like this, but I get it from an Oilers perspective. I don't get it at all for Winnipeg. They are contending now, Myers has had a great year, and Connor has looked better than Pulujarvi so far. Not sure why they would gamble for a pick.

Reactions: Snowman

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No thx from the Jets.....Connor is a Jet for a long time. Between his speed, quick shot, relentless for checking and IQ this kid is going to be a 35+ goal scorer and 65-75 point player for many years. Really like this kid.....he’s just relentless

Reactions: libertarian

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Obviously this is a bad trade. The oilers are giving up too much. Let me fix this for you:

Jets give up Laine, Connor, Myers for Milan Lucic and Matt Benning.

That's almost how bad this proposal is. Lock this thread

holy crap... try to edit this and pretend your account was hacked before more people see this

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I don't think either team does this to be honest. Way too much value from Edmonton and just makes no sense at this time for Winnipeg

i think potentially both teams could ser value here. we know chiarelli is a risk taker and makes deals most of us wouldnt. im not sure if this is one he will like

Winnipeg management on the other hand is notorious for not trading. is that going to change now that they are trying to get over the hump? do they think the oiler assets are ready to play on a contender?

i think overall it comes down to the two sides valuation of the players involved. personally i would keep the winnipeg guys. but if i need to trade them its not a bad return. value is intriguing

id pull the trigger if i was edmonton

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
holy crap... try to edit this and pretend your account was hacked before more people see this
Think you meant to quote the OP's terrible trade proposal, and not my sarcastic response. No way the jets trade a 30goal scored on his ELC and a very solid defenseman plus a 2nd round pick, for a struggling dman, a puljujarvi who looks like a bust, and a 1st round pick

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Think you meant to quote the OP's terrible trade proposal, and not my sarcastic response. No way the jets trade a 30goal scored on his ELC and a very solid defenseman plus a 2nd round pick, for a struggling dman, a puljujarvi who looks like a bust, and a 1st round pick
Thats how you see this? Okay bud

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think that's how most people see this, bud.

Top ten pick < Connor
Puljujarvi value >> Myers rental value
Klefbom value >>>> low 2nd value.

I get why the Jets don’t do this because they spent a decade carefully building up talent and their patient approach is finally paying off, but the ‘value in a vacuum’ is absolutely in their favour.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Pass from Edmonton

Klefbom>Myers

Connor>Puljujarvi

Pick around 10th overall>>>Jets 2nd

Klefbom over Myers long term, obviously if we're only looking at 1 year everyone would take Myers over Klefbom this year.
More like
Klefbom = Myers
Conner >>>Puljujarvi.
Oilers 1st >>> Jets 2nd.
The 1st isn't close enough for the downgrade the Jets would have to do.
That's an easy no from the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad