Hronek, Filip

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I am still stunned that XO's development just ended without a peep in Detroit.
And for whom? Nick Jensen? Niklas Kronwall? Mike Green? Trevor Daley? Jonathan Ericsson?
I wouldn't have chosen one of those guys over XO on a rebuilding team like Detroit.

But that's what happens when you pretend you aren't rebuilding.

I liked XO more then most, I would have preferred him to be playing over Jensen. I always liked his ability to make really good passes.

With that being said, I dont care too much about keeping him at this point. Since we're stuck with the vets we have, any kids need to have top 4 upside IMO, or move them out. I'd move him and Jensen in the off-season.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I'd move him and Jensen in the off-season.

I'd actually hold on to Jensen in hopes that he produces a little more next season. Then at the deadline, hopefully a team still desperate to emulate the speed game of the 2016 Penguins coughs up a Brendan Smith overpayment for him as a rental.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I'd actually hold on to Jensen in hopes that he produces a little more next season. Then at the deadline, hopefully a team still desperate to emulate the speed game of the 2016 Penguins coughs up a Brendan Smith overpayment for him as a rental.

If there would be a market for him, I'd be fine with that.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Filip Hronek provides another glimpse into potential with Red Wings

"I give him all the latitude possible to play offensive as long as he's responsible on the right side of the puck and making the right reads," coach Todd Nelson said. "I'm got going to stifle anyone's creativity especially someone like him."
"Lashoff said a big difference has been Hronek's defensive play.
"I think the biggest thing is the coach can trust him and put him out there in any situation," Lashoff said. "He can put him out there when there's a minute left in a period and he's a guy who's responsible in his own end now and has the puck a lot. I think that's why he's played so well defensively because he's been good out of his own end."
Nelson shared similar thoughts.
"Over the course of the season his decision making has just gotten better," he said. "When to jump up and not get caught on a play. Earlier in the year he would get caught and end up with an odd-man rush, but now he's making the right decisions. He's been playing very well."

I think he is the most productive rookie d-man prspect coming out of junior in the 40+ years that I have been a Wings fan He is a great skater who is highly skilled but what I like best about him is that he is very competitive and isn't afraid to play with an edge despite his size. Most of his penalty totals have been roughing minors in which a player from the other team is also penalized. He led Griff' defensemen in goals and assists while leading the team in +/- despite being scratched for 8 games early in the season and missing one with the flu. It is also encouraging that he hasn't missed any time due to injury in his 2 years in NA despite his size and aggressive play. He captained the Czech jr team in the 2017 WJC and I think he will be committed to getting stronger and says that he aims to get even faster as well over the summer.

* He actually scored a goal and 3 assists in the last game of the season not a goal and 4 assists as it says in the article.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Kind of tough to find comps for 20 year old d men in the AHL...

But here were a few good players he was about on par with:

Yandle - 34 pts in 69 GP - .49 PPG
Brodie - 34 pts in 68 GP - .50 PPG
Hronek - 33 pts in 62 GP - .53 PPG
Josi - 40 pts in 69 GP - .57 PPG

There were some duds in there too, but I'd say pretty solid season for Hronek.

20-Year Old AHL Defensemen - Regular Season Stats

Interesting. He brought Josi to mind at times D+1 year. Not saying he’s that but I’d take a poor man’s Josi out of him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Interesting. He brought Josi to mind at times D+1 year. Not saying he’s that but I’d take a poor man’s Josi out of him.

If Hronek’s defensive game ever gets to the level of Josi’s, I’d be over the moon. Although he is pretty young still. I see him becoming a very good offensive defenseman, if nothing else.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
If Hronek’s defensive game ever gets to the level of Josi’s, I’d be over the moon. Although he is pretty young still. I see him becoming a very good offensive defenseman, if nothing else.

Josi's defensive game is nonexistent. Hronek is already there.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I'll disagree there. Dude plays 25-26 min a night on the team that just won the President's Trophy and went to the Cup last year.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

I'll disagree there. Dude plays 25-26 min a night on the team that just won the President's Trophy and went to the Cup last year.

And Josi has been a top 5 Norris candidate a few times in the past. Hronek has a long way to go, but if that's our best comparable at the moment, we absolutely should be thrilled.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
And Josi has been a top 5 Norris candidate a few times in the past. Hronek has a long way to go, but if that's our best comparable at the moment, we absolutely should be thrilled.

Just for clarification, I wouldn't say he is the "best" comparable. He was one of a few best case comparables I could find.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Just for clarification, I wouldn't say he is the "best" comparable. He was one of a few best case comparables I could find.

Well nobody wants to hear about the people that flame out, so I will continue being blissfully ignorant and hope that you don't share any names that I would find depressing.

Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Playing big minutes for the Czech team. No reason he shouldn't be in Detroit to begin the season unless he tanks hard this off-season.

Need to give these young defenseman opportunity to develop in the NHL. Every single one of our defenseman is replaceable.

Shouldn't be hard to get rid of at least one to make room.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Playing big minutes for the Czech team. No reason he shouldn't be in Detroit to begin the season unless he tanks hard this off-season.

Need to give these young defenseman opportunity to develop in the NHL. Every single one of our defenseman is replaceable.

Shouldn't be hard to get rid of at least one to make room.
imagine we draft Boqvist and pair them together with Hronek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->