How's that Toews kid doing in North Dakota?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CH Wizard

Those are those three stats thus far:

Phil Kessel 2 0+1=1

Jonathan Toews 4 2+2=4

Dan Bertram 1 1+0=1

Kessel isn't the only struggling in Minnesota, the whole team played like ****. He'll do fine, he just needs time.

From what I've heard, Toews is doing as good as expected, he's hard to know off the puck, he already adapted himself pretty well to college hockey so far. North Dakote is looking strong once again.

From what I've read, Bertram should have a good year. I don't know how he played but him and Boyle are the ones who should run BC's offence.

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
I watched both of Toews's games this weekend and he looked awesome. He is on the first PP unit with Stafford and Zajac(both 1st round picks). Toews is very strong on the puck also. His point total doesnt do justice to what he has done for the team so far i don't think. Toews is looking like he'll have an awesome season.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
crosby_87 said:
I watched both of Toews's games this weekend and he looked awesome. He is on the first PP unit with Stafford and Zajac(both 1st round picks). Toews is very strong on the puck also. His point total doesnt do justice to what he has done for the team so far i don't think. Toews is looking like he'll have an awesome season.

Not that it makes a difference but isn't Toews normally on the 2nd PP unit? I think he was moved up when Spirko got hurt. (I could be wrong)

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
crosby_87 said:

How has Stafford looked so far? I know it's early in the season but hopefully he's already getting off on the right foot. I really like this guy!

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
The Great One said:
Those are those three stats thus far:

Phil Kessel 2 0+1=1

Jonathan Toews 4 2+2=4

Dan Bertram 1 1+0=1

Kessel isn't the only struggling in Minnesota, the whole team played like ****. He'll do fine, he just needs time.

From what I've heard, Toews is doing as good as expected, he's hard to know off the puck, he already adapted himself pretty well to college hockey so far. North Dakote is looking strong once again.

From what I've read, Bertram should have a good year. I don't know how he played but him and Boyle are the ones who should run BC's offence.

Bertram has 3pts in 2 games now.

Andrew Cogliano has 4pts in 4 games so far.

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
Ovechkin8 said:
How has Stafford looked so far? I know it's early in the season but hopefully he's already getting off on the right foot. I really like this guy!

Stafford has looked very good also, although him and Zajac have had a tough time getting any points going(I don't think either of them have any points). But trust me, I watch all their games, and in no way is that an indication of what stafford does out there. His line is always in the opponents end creating chances. Stafford is so fast, big, and strong it is almost impossible to knock him off the puck. I know he will end this scoring drought soon. But his speed really really impresses me. Man is he fast for a big guy.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
crosby_87 said:
Stafford has looked very good also, although him and Zajac have had a tough time getting any points going(I don't think either of them have any points). But trust me, I watch all their games, and in no way is that an indication of what stafford does out there. His line is always in the opponents end creating chances. Stafford is so fast, big, and strong it is almost impossible to knock him off the puck. I know he will end this scoring drought soon. But his speed really really impresses me. Man is he fast for a big guy.
As long as you're going down the line :) ......What are your thoughts on Zajac? How's his game and do you think he can be a force offensively? (I've read a lot about how good he is defensively) Thanks!

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
Yellowcard said:
As long as you're going down the line :) ......What are your thoughts on Zajac? How's his game and do you think he can be a force offensively? (I've read a lot about how good he is defensively) Thanks!

You bet he can be a force offensively. Like stafford, zajac has yet to record a point. But last season Zajac was the leading scoring freshman, and he is looking very good again this year. His play along the boards is unbelievable, as I can't remember(off the top of my head) ever seeing him get knocked down and the puck taken away while he is along the boards. He uses his body to get in the way of the defender and has great vision. He also has top notch speed like stafford. He is more of a set up man than a goal scorer, so if stafford is in a scoring slump, zajac usually is too. But like you said he is even better defensively. He is the most reliable center we have on face-offs. The only downfall this year is it seems like he could have a few goals, but he likes to dish off the puck to teammates before he takes a shot. He could be a little more selfish, but he has quickly become a fan favorite for Sioux fans. We expect him to hit about 45-50 points this season(he might not though with this slump, but we'll see if he gets it going).

PMP5030

Apr 25, 2004
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
Players mentioned on this thread I've seen live:

Toews: Nice player. knows where to be on the ice and very nice puck skills and wrister. Should put up a 35-40 point season.

Zajac: Has made a lot of nice passes his teammates have not finished, especially on the PP. Still strong defensively and on faceoffs. Soon his points will come.

Stafford: Similar to Zajac. Been a little snakebitten on his chances but they'll come. He is fast and physical.

Cogliano: Has struggled to adjust a little, all 4 of his points came in 1 game on Sunday against Hockey East bottom-feeder Merrimack. Skilled and very fast, but it may take him until midseason to really get adjusted to better NCAA defenses.

Bertram: Fast, quick skater, you don't really notice him until he sneaks into the open area of the ice for a quick shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->