How's Robert Nyholm playing in Kingston?

• Thread starter A Good Flying Bird*
  • Start date

A Good Flying Bird*

IMO, Columbus got a gem when they drafted him the 5th round.
I would have been happy to see the Wings take him in Round 2.

How's he looking in Kingston this year? I heard he came over from Finland.

Any reports would be greatly appreciated.

A Good Flying Bird*

IMO, Columbus got a gem when they drafted him the 5th round.
I would have been happy to see the Wings take him in Round 2.

How's he looking in Kingston this year? I heard he came over from Finland.

Any reports would be greatly appreciated.

Holy crap.
Nobody has seen Nyholm?
We've got people who argue whether a prospect should be ranked 32nd oe 36th, but if nobody sees these guys ...

hockeyprincess

Sep 5, 2006
Kingston, ON
He's been doing really well. He has scored five points in six games so far for the Frontenacs, one goal and four assists. He finds his way onto every line and I feel that he will be a great playmaker. I think that Robert is on his way to acclimatizing to the North American hockey very quickly. He is an exciting player who likes to throw his weight around and set up goals. I think that he should have, at the very least, a 60-point season, most of those points being assists.

I hope that answers your question.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Ya, I spoke with Kingston Head Coach Bruce Cassidy last week and asked him about Nyholm. The interview will be podcast at www.hockeysfutureradio.com later tonight.

But ya Nyholm was on the top line with Emmerton until Stewart came back. Robert is very versatile so he should be good with what ever role he is handed. I see him ending up with 60 plus points.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
Playmaker, eh? That's good to hear. He's always been good with short, simple and effective passes especially out of the corners, but hockey sense in general has seemed to be a limiting factor.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Playmaker, eh? That's good to hear. He's always been good with short, simple and effective passes especially out of the corners, but hockey sense in general has seemed to be a limiting factor.

Agreed. I thought he had a average hockeysense really.

His showing in U18 WC was also highly disappointing and he was outshined by Jan-Mikael Juutilainen by a couple of miles imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad