How's my draft so far???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Hello---

Not sure how many of you travel to the Bruins board, but we are doing a huge hockey sim project over there and we are in the third stage, which is the prospect draft. I've gone through six rounds, and there are 26 teams total, and we can trade draft picks. i have acquired some additional picks as you will notice...So here it is, so far...

NEW JERSEY GENERALS DRAFT

RND/PK PLAYER TEAM POS HGT WGT

1-1- Alexander Ovechkin - Dynamo Moscow- LW- 6-2- 205
2-27- Denis Grebeshkov- Manchester (AHL)- D- 6-1- 198
2-48- Keith Ballard- Utah (AHL)-D- 5-11- 204
3-63- Brad Boyes- Providence (AHL)- C- 6-1- 195
3-64- Alexander Auld- Manitoba (AHL)- G- 6-4- 200
4-102- Matthew Greene- North Dakota (WCHA)- D- 6-3- 225
5-107- Devan Dubnyk- Kamloops (WHL)- G- 6-5- 194
5-116- Adam Pineault- Moncton (QMJHL)- RW- 6-3- 194
6-164- Johannes Salmonsson- Djurgarden (SEL)- C- 6-2- 178

So, for you experts, how does it look?

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
You're not doing too badly. I'm surprised Auld and Greene were available so late.

Just remember to draft some wingers before it's too late.

*whisper* Umicevic *whisper*

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Mr Bugg said:
You're not doing too badly. I'm surprised Auld and Greene were available so late.

Just remember to draft some wingers before it's too late.

*whisper* Umicevic *whisper*

I think it's already too late...No more picks until the ninth round.... :cry:

I need some steals!!!! PM please....that nugs dude is all over the place!!!! :lol

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
WhamBamCam8 said:
1-1- Alexander Ovechkin - Dynamo Moscow- LW- 6-2- 205
2-27- Denis Grebeshkov- Manchester (AHL)- D- 6-1- 198
2-48- Keith Ballard- Utah (AHL)-D- 5-11- 204
3-63- Brad Boyes- Providence (AHL)- C- 6-1- 195
3-64- Alexander Auld- Manitoba (AHL)- G- 6-4- 200
4-102- Matthew Greene- North Dakota (WCHA)- D- 6-3- 225
5-107- Devan Dubnyk- Kamloops (WHL)- G- 6-5- 194
5-116- Adam Pineault- Moncton (QMJHL)- RW- 6-3- 194
6-164- Johannes Salmonsson- Djurgarden (SEL)- C- 6-2- 178

So, for you experts, how does it look?

I'm not an expert. Your two first picks are very solid. But there's no way I let Mike Richards slip to draft Keith Ballard. I also don't like much your Boyes-Auld consecutive picks. I would have used one of them on Meszaros.

I am a huge Matt Greene fan. I think your selection with several flashy prospects still on board is ballsy. Not sure I would have done it but you went with the courage of your conviction there and he is one mean, unheralded guy.

I guess Dubnyk at 107th is good value. With goalies, I feel it's tough to criticize and compare them with skaters. I think it's a olid pick anyway.

Pineault 116th is a fine selection (better than several made by other teams just before or after that). But I can't help but be stunned that Kevin ****ing Klein of all people lasted to 139th. I feel he is way better than tons of players drafted before him, and I'd rather have him than Adam.

Overall, it's different from what I would have done but it's a good draft. Have fun and good luck the rest of the way!

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Vlad The Impaler said:
I'm not an expert. Your two first picks are very solid. But there's no way I let Mike Richards slip to draft Keith Ballard. I also don't like much your Boyes-Auld consecutive picks. I would have used one of them on Meszaros.

I am a huge Matt Greene fan. I think your selection with several flashy prospects still on board is ballsy. Not sure I would have done it but you went with the courage of your conviction there and he is one mean, unheralded guy.

I guess Dubnyk at 107th is good value. With goalies, I feel it's tough to criticize and compare them with skaters. I think it's a olid pick anyway.

Pineault 116th is a fine selection (better than several made by other teams just before or after that). But I can't help but be stunned that Kevin ****ing Klein of all people lasted to 139th. I feel he is way better than tons of players drafted before him, and I'd rather have him than Adam.

Overall, it's different from what I would have done but it's a good draft. Have fun and good luck the rest of the way!

You're no expert? Are you serious? You're one of the best here and I surf around and read all your stuff.

My 3rd round picks were made as more depth picks because we only picked a 20 man roster originally. I wanted to get some NHL-ready depth with my first five picks, hence the *possible* reaches of Ballard, Boyes and Auld. I figured from 4th round on I would shoot for possible homeruns with Greene, Dubnyk, Pineault and Salmonsson.

I'll be going that route for the rest of the draft more than likely...

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Here is my draft so far:

Jef Carter C
Steve Bernier W
Dan Fritsche C
Jeff Tambellini W
Jeff Woywitka D
Boris Valabik D
Jordan Sigalet G

Comments?

Vic Rattlehead*

Here's mine:

1/4 Fleury - G
2/38 Smid - D
3/67 Upshall - F
5/119 Karsums - F
6/133 Ramholt - D (I was to use this pick, but there is a rule where you have to trade picks in advance, so I told the guy to pick this player than he traded the prospect to me)
6/152 Hennessy - F

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
Here's mine:

Centre - Mike Richards - 2nd round/50th overall
Goalie - Pascal Leclaire - 3rd round/78th overall
Right Wing - Alexei Shkotov - 6th round/145 overall
Defense - Janne Niskala - 6th round/154 overall

I haven't had many picks due to trades, but all have been solid, and a steal with both Richards and Leclaire IMO.

Vic Rattlehead*

Bruins4Ever said:
Here's mine:

Centre - Jeff Richards - 2nd round/50th overall
Goalie - Pascal Leclaire - 3rd round/78th overall
Right Wing - Alexei Shkotov - 6th round/145 overall
Defense - Janne Niskala - 6th round/154 overall

I haven't had many picks due to trades, but all have been solid, and a steal with both Richards and Leclaire IMO.
Jeff Richards? Is that a hybrid of Jeff Carter and Mike Richards?

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Never went to the Bruins board as I was informed that I would turn into a pillar of salt :amazed:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
How's this for a draft. For a 21 team sim league not related to HFboards, that uses the faceoff simulator (similar to strat-o-matic). Rookie draft, not prospect, minimum 10 NHL games played, which was just run recently because its way behind schedule for the NHL season. Had a solid two-way team, but not enough talent to compete in a 21 team league, so hacked the team apart for picks and a few other young players and drafted:
06. Tuomo Ruutu
09. Eric Stall
14. Paul Martin
16. Dan Hamhuis
17. Alexander Semin
20. Nathan Horton
23. MA Fleury
27. Fedor Tjutin
38. Dustin Brown
41. Ryan Kesler (drop in quality at this point)
42. Tim Gleason

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
RandV said:
How's this for a draft. For a 21 team sim league not related to HFboards, that uses the faceoff simulator (similar to strat-o-matic). Rookie draft, not prospect, minimum 10 NHL games played, which was just run recently because its way behind schedule for the NHL season. Had a solid two-way team, but not enough talent to compete in a 21 team league, so hacked the team apart for picks and a few other young players and drafted:
06. Tuomo Ruutu
09. Eric Stall
14. Paul Martin
16. Dan Hamhuis
17. Alexander Semin
20. Nathan Horton
23. MA Fleury
27. Fedor Tjutin
38. Dustin Brown
42. Tim Gleason

Did the other 21 GM's in this league have a pulse??? :lol

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
RandV said:
06. Tuomo Ruutu
09. Eric Stall
14. Paul Martin
16. Dan Hamhuis
17. Alexander Semin
20. Nathan Horton
23. MA Fleury
27. Fedor Tjutin
38. Dustin Brown
42. Tim Gleason
that's utterly Pejorative Slured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad